• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Calling Out Any Bike Techs

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
I am in dire need of some experienced help as one of my experienced seasonal guys up and quit with one week notice and another has a 3 week school commitment with School of Mines. I am basically $%@#'d right now.

I need guys that can build bikes and do repairs. I have a Craig's List Ad going, but it seems like everyone needs experienced help.

Not that I'm complaining, but the gas crunch has us lazy Americans wanting to ride, and May and June are our two busiest months, and we are doing near record business. Feast or famine, go figure. I will be working 7 days a week for awhile, glad I got up to Slaughterhouse last Sunday!

Anyway, if anyone knows guys in or formerly in the bike business and need some temporary work, let me know. The shop phone # is 303-797-1858. There are 3 of us full time and one eager kido named Forrest, and it's all we can handle with 20 bikes that need built and about 50 tunes next week!

Mike

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Are you looking for specific hours?

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Are you looking for specific hours?

No, anytime during business hours or by special arrangement. I am not picky at all.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like fun actually. Unfortunately I already have a full time job. Where is your shop located anyhow?

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Littleton, near Arapahoe Rd and Broadway. Still in dire need.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Call up Terry Holben, I bet he would enjoy wrenching on bikes.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Mike, all I would need is the time to do it! Ain't got no. I'll still think on it.
Forrest might not want Dad around though... :lmao:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'd like to do it, but business hours+ are impossible. Maybe weekends and nights after Rubithon if you still need help. Was 'pro' wrench (in that I worked in and was paid by shops) back in the day. I dunno if I was any good, but it was fun.

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
I'd be willing to help after 5:00 or 5:30 on week days and weekends. I'm a Technician at Burt Toyota, and I've tinkered with bikes in my younger days :)rolleyes:) so I think I can pick it up easily enough. BTW I'm Forrest's older brother.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
The problem is, is that I need people with previous bike shop experience. Forrest is taking up the slack otherwise on the more basic stuff. I just don't have the time to train.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Mike, if only I had the time, I could help. Sorry to let you down.

Squishy is a very good wrench though.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
I don't want to come across the wrong way, so my apologies to Squishy. Finding a person that I can literally turn loose without instruction is who I am after. Thanks to all.