• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Building Rock Slider Bars - A Few ?s

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
I am building rock sliders for my son that just bought a 2023 Taco, basing them off the RCI sliders I have on my 2018. I will be adding 3 supports from square "slider" out to step, then 4 supports from slider to plate that will bolt to frame in 5-6 locations. Would it be better to have the frame plate to slider supports made from round tube? Maybe slide over a bit easier if the supports contact a rock?

1&3/4" 0.120 DOM
2" 11ga(1/8") square
3/16" plate 5" tall frame plate

I think the square tube would be a little stronger (.125 wall vs .120) and give a little more area/circumference for weld/support. metalntube(1).jpgslidebars1.jpgsidetube2.jpg

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Slider to frame material shouldn’t mater to much. I’ve had round and square legs going to the frame. I’ve never had an issue with my sliders hanging me up because it was square tube instead of round.

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
Slider to frame material shouldn’t mater to much. I’ve had round and square legs going to the frame. I’ve never had an issue with my sliders hanging me up because it was square tube instead of round.
Thanks. I will go with square.

Attachments

• 1stslide.jpg
    1stslide.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 25

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
Square is also probably easier to cut and weld at weird angles so for that reason I’d also use square. I suck at welding on round.
Great point - I am a very novice welder and yes welding on round tube is definitely harder. Thanks
I did get both welded up now need build frame plate

Attachments

• bothslides.jpg
    bothslides.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23