Borrow: Cam gear puller?

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Anybody have a cam gear puller I can borrow? I don't see any available for rent at the parts stores near me. Amazon has some for about $10, but I can almost guarantee that will break trying to get this thing off. So ... please drop me a line if you have one I can use!

This is the cheap Amazon version of what I'm after - two parallel hooks. The three-hook variety won't line up with the holes in the gear, and it's impossible to get anything around the back edge of the gear, not that I'd want to risk damaging the teeth anyway.
Screenshot 2024-03-22 103249.jpg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Advance auto parts has them. Just was in there this last weekend and they had a full kit 👍
thanks for the tip!

I was also informed the whole cam can come out and the gear gets pressed off. Should have done more homework 🤦‍♂️

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
thanks for the tip!

I was also informed the whole cam can come out and the gear gets pressed off. Should have done more homework 🤦‍♂️
Rookie mistake Jim

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Resealing the timing cover?
Rebuilding a 2F. Trying to get the block, cam and crankshaft apart so I can drop it off at Gunn. Wanted to pull those gears myself so I know how to reassemble them.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I think I have one of these Jim.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
No worries Hans. I’m gonna yank the whole cam out and put it in the press to remove the gear. Thanks anyway!