Blow Off Work And Go Wheelin' Run - Wed, July 12

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm looking at the calendar for this annual run. I'm scheduling for Wednesday, July 12. We usually meet at 3 p.m. -- I'm thinking we might want to start earlier this year, to allow more time for pizza and beer.

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
I thought the summer solstice was in june? Officially june 21, 2006

Did you mean june and not july?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
No, we have the Father's Day Run in June, which would be less than 4 days away from June 14 and 21. I don't want to compete. We could have it on June 7, but that's the RS meeting! And June 28 is impossible for me.

The run was originally an August run, but we moved it to July to take advantage of more daylight hours. I think July will be fine, especially if we do a 2 p.m. start time instead of 3.

wesintl

RS Moderator
only thing is it's 2 days before the ghost town run.... Too close IMHO.. ;)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Crap. Let's schedule it for July 12. I'll have been back from a family road trip for only a few days at that point, and I may not be able to "blow off work." But I'll do my best.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I vote make it 1:00. It's still a half day of work then bailing at lunch, but it would be nice to be off the trail & aried up while the sun is still out.. then folks who needed to be back home with their families in the evening could still complete the run and not have to bail early like last year. Plus more time for pizza & :beer: for the rest.

FJBen

Where's the run going to be?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We have always done Slaughterhouse Gulch off of 285 near Bailey. We could do a different run, but it needs to be close to Denver, since people generally come straight from work. That's been the limiting factor when we've discussed different trails.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
i'd love to come.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I'll put it on the calander. Hopefully I can make it again this year:beer:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Damn, one of my favorite runs and I will be in Virginia that day.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Rezarf said:
What is this trail like? Where are we actually running at? I am really stoked about this trip.

Rezarf <><

I think I might be able to pull off going on this run. I have my fingers crossed!
:rolleyes:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Rezarf said:
What is this trail like? Where are we actually running at? I am really stoked about this trip.

Rezarf <><

The trail is moderate. It's fine for stock Cruisers. There is a hill with some good optional whoop-de-woos if you're locked and lifted.

It's near Bailey, off of 285.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Rezarf said:

Rezarf <><
Hey Drew, after what we did together at Moab, this will be a cake walk. No worries, mate! Here's a trip report from the first time I did this trail many years ago.

Attachments

• sh14.jpg
    sh14.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 260

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Looks like i'll be there again this year. Took a half day just for the run:D :beer:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Jeff and Hulk

Sweet looking trail. I am excited to get out and about, I have been traveling 5 out of the past 6 weeks! What part of Colorado does the Ghost town run start in?

Drew

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Rezarf said:
Thanks Jeff and Hulk

Sweet looking trail. I am excited to get out and about, I have been traveling 5 out of the past 6 weeks! What part of Colorado does the Ghost town run start in?

Drew
Holy cow!! You're due for some R&R!!:cheers:

The Ghost Town run will be starting in Fairplay. 'Bout 1.5 hours out of Denver on 285. Maybe 30-45 minutes past the Blow off Work Run. :thumb:

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Hulk said:
I'm looking at the calendar for this annual run. I'm scheduling for Wednesday, July 12. We usually meet at 3 p.m. -- I'm thinking we might want to start earlier this year, to allow more time for pizza and beer.

We talked about it at the meeting and this is the closest to a time/place to meet i can find in the thread. Going to try and make it just wondering if a final time and place had been set yet??????

ben