Blizzard 2006 Part II

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Not doing the FEAT thing tonight, but made it home okay from work. After the TLCA BOD meeting I decided to go do some shoveling. Holy Cow!

Okay, we got 3 feet last week, and after the last couple days that had settled down to maybe a foot to a foot and a half in most places. Driveway and walkways had been shoveled/melted clear down to concrete/dirt as applicable. When the meeting started there was about a foot of new snow out there, after the meeting it was even deeper than that!

After I shoveled for about an hour, I came back and where I started already had over 4" on it!!!! I love snow, but boy am I getting tired of shoveling!

Power is out in much of the neighborhood, but (knock on wood) not here (yet). Thank goodness for small miracles.

Photo below is my 45 in the driveway, it had been totally clear before this latest round started.

They're calling for another 2 feet tonight, who knows how much tomorrow, tomorrow night and the next day! Yikes!

Attachments

• 2006122801.jpg
    2006122801.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 294

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Blizzard?

I dunno what everyone is quackin about. We all made it in to work today!
(It helps when you all drive Toyotas!:thumb: )
I did some driving for FEAT last night. Wasn't too bad, and it helped keep the car clean for going to work this morning. Bring it on!

Attachments

• Winter.JPG
    Winter.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 230

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Workin' from home. Gotta love this newfangled DSL.

(OK, I'm a Neanderthal... I admit it. Slow adopter of technology)

FEAT this afternoon and tomorrow, had to turn down a couple calls last night and this morning.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Again, Vail got nothing. Not even enough to shovel. Man were getting hosed this year.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Winter ain't over yet! :D

Maddmatt

Trail Ready
My official back yard table top shows an additional 11" in Louisville this morning. Did one Feat run early today, they were looking for somebody else south of the city around 7:00 but didn't have anything else up north. Also pulled a neighbor up over a snowbank and onto the plowed part WITHOUT removing her front bumper. I swear, no matter how often you tell people to NOT step on the brake, that's the first reaction when they feel that first tug, I could see her brake lights shining on the snow bank behind her.

Alls well that ends well, bring on the snow!
-Matt

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
dang, I signed up for FEAT, even exchanged an email with Gene King. Should I call again??

arthog

Hard Core 4+
21" in rollinsville + the 30+" from last week. the snow run might be more fun than normal. can the snow be more fun?

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Feat

timmbuck2 said:
dang, I signed up for FEAT, even exchanged an email with Gene King. Should I call again??

Did you get the email to join the Yahoo group? I got an email from Gene stating he got my application, then a day or so later I was emailed to join the group. Then I got notified for alert and finally activation status. They are short staffed for dispatchers so they might be long in getting things your way.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
art hog said:
21" in rollinsville + the 30+" from last week. the snow run might be more fun than normal. can the snow be more fun?
Any pix?

Looks like we've gotten a total of around two to two and a half feet, it's seriously slowed down compared to last night. For now :)