Bill Moore Lake: Wednesday 9/20

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
A buddy of mine is in from Texas. I thought we might do a little wheelin' on a moderate trail. I've never done Bill Moore Lake, but I thought it would be perfect, since it's short, scenic, and moderate in difficulty.

If anyone want to go wheelin' tomorrow (Wed), post up here. I'll check back in tonight after I pick up my friend downtown. Fall colors should be smashing!

Convert

Hard Core 4+
What Time ?:confused:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We could meet at 10:00 a.m. in Downieville at the Burger King, if you're up for the run. Let me know! Otherwise we will just hit the trail.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Just in time to miss the trip :-(

I did go hiking today in Elk Meadow Park. No doubt, aspens are peaking!

Not many aspens on BMLT, but great views nontheless. Hope you guys had a good time.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
We could meet at 10:00 a.m. in Downieville at the Burger King, if you're up for the run. Let me know! Otherwise we will just hit the trail.

sorry forgot to check the forum before going to work this morning

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Great trip. Aspens were fantastic on the lower part of the trail. It was cold at the lake, with a few snow flakes falling as we ate lunch. I'll post pictures up soon. Really nice trail -- I can see why it's been so popular. Plus, it's short, a benefit if you don't want to spend the entire day wheeling. We had time to burn, so we fooled around a bit. We took the "shortcut" on the way back down -- there's an off-camber section that leans you into a can opener rock if you're not careful. Pretty cool.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Hulk said:
Great trip. Aspens were fantastic on the lower part of the trail. It was cold at the lake, with a few snow flakes falling as we ate lunch. I'll post pictures up soon. Really nice trail -- I can see why it's been so popular. Plus, it's short, a benefit if you don't want to spend the entire day wheeling. We had time to burn, so we fooled around a bit. We took the "shortcut" on the way back down -- there's an off-camber section that leans you into a can opener rock if you're not careful. Pretty cool.

You mean this one??

DSCN1336.JPG

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Ben, I think that is the rock! You just went over it, huh? I didn't predict it would be as close as it was until it was inches away from my ps door, so it never occured to me to take the dramatic line. :)