• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Bill Moore Lake Sunday August 10 2008

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
This is one of the runs associated with the Rally the day before. It's an easy, scenic run that any stock Toyota 4x4 can do. Get out of the heat of the flatlands and come up to timberline, enjoy the vista and have a nice walk around a pristine alpine lake!

The trail is a there and back again, starting and ending just above the town of Empire, which is just west of Idaho Springs on I-70. It's about 2 hours each way at a lazy pace, leaving plenty of time to lunch and hike around the lake. Kids, family and pets are welcome; of course pets must be leashed.

We will meet at the Burger King in Downieville at 9:00 and depart at 9:30. That will get us to the trailhead and air down around 10:00, which should get us to the lake in time for lunch and exploring. Back to I-70 by around 3:00; if traffic's heavy I know some side roads to get us past. Timm will gun; in case I can't make it he will lead. As usual, cb channel 4, and if there is too much traffic on that channel we'll switch to 5.

Bring lunch, plenty of water, jackets (this is Colorado!), hiking gear, sunscreen, deet or long sleeves, and of course your camera! Happy cruisin'!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Think I will allow Mr. Ricardo and or Theboomboom to gun.