Bill Moore Lake Road Rehab Grant

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hey folks, take a moment and mail a letter of support to Brant Wobig. His email to me is below:
Hey Bill, I'm back from a week of chasing the wiley whitetail and wanted to touch base with you about another grant proposal letter of support. We are proposing fixing the mud hole up by Bill Moore Lake. Also, redesigning the road(s) and user created routes that create a pretty steep climb and braided area, a couple miles before the lake. Since that redesign would likely provide a more erosion friendly route it would likely take some of the challenge out of the bml road. So I suggested that we design and maintain a challenging route that bypasses that area. The road is already there, we would need to fortify it with some boulders and such to create a challenging route. We are writing this grant with MHJC Patrol 14's support since it is there adopted road. If this sounds of interest to you are your clan by all means let me know and I can give you some specifics. Also, if you know of others that can help let them know, the more letters the better. We need letters by Nov. 27th. Let me know if you want to help out or if you want or need any other info. ...Keep in touch. Brant

Brant Wobig
Clear Creek RD
Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forest
Idaho Springs, CO
(303) 567-3022

My letter is below, which I .pdf'd and emailed to him with my sig. If you can do that, great! If not, snail mail him, or at least send an email!
William H. Morgan, Jr.
Rising Sun 4x4 Club
Land Use Coordinator
<address>
Littleton, CO 80120
November 15, 2006

Brant Wobig
Clear Creek Ranger District
Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forest
Idaho Springs, CO
(303) 567-3022

RE: Letter of Support, Bill Moore Lake Road Erosion Mitigation Project Grant

Dear Brant,
I would like to take this opportunity to write a letter of support for your project of rehabilitating the muddy area (“mud hole”) on the Bill Moore Lake FSR, near Bill Moore Lake. In addition, I understand you are proposing to redesign the roads leading to the lake such that the braided areas will be addressed and rehabilitated.
Over the years this popular and highly valued OHV route has seen increased usage with the loss of other areas to OHV use in the front range, and the impact from this usage should be addressed before it worsens. It would be tragic to lose this route through neglect, and I am extremely happy that you intend to address the impacts.
The grant for this would should be allocated, and I individually and we as a 4x4 club enthusiastically support it. We would also appreciate any opportunity to participate in the work itself, and may have ideas for adding challenge to the route in the course of making the route less prone to erosion. We are extremely pleased that you plan to bypass the impacted areas with a route that will add challenge, creating even more recreational value. This is not often done by the USFS, and we appreciate your foresight.
Sincerely,
<signed>
William H. Morgan, Jr.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
where do we email it to?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
More info from Brant-
Ideally we would like to have a copy with your signature however we can
take them in any form. They need to be addressed to
Mr. Tom Metsa
OHV Program Manager
Colorado State Parks-Trail Program
13787 S. Highway 85
Littleton, CO 80125

but remeber to send them to me @
Clear Creek RangerDistrict
P.O. Box 3307
Idaho Springs, CO 80452

or email
or Fax to 303-567-3021
attn. Brant

We need the letters in hand by the 27th so we can deliver the proposal by
the 1st of Dec.
Thanks alot. I am pretty optimistic about this proposal so hopefully it all
goes well. Brant
Ideally, faxed (I emailed him a .pdf with my sig, same thing), but email is better than nuttin'!
Brant D Wobig <bdwobig@fs.fed.us>

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm writing and faxing a letter this morning. Hope it goes through, I'm looking forward to working on some trails with Rising Sun. :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Cool, Martin!!