Bill Moore Lake & Geocaching - 7/31????

I was wondering what the interest might in a run to Bill Moore Lake this Sunday. I think the trail is open. There are a few geocache sites on the way up and I thought that it would be fun to combine GPS with some wheeling. I guess we'd need to start relatively early to avoid the mountain traffic. It might be possible to switch the date to Saturday--maybe.

the Other Matt

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I got Charlotte running again, drove her 20 miles today and so far so good. Did a hot adjustment on her valves and I think she's ready for a shakedown. I don't have a GPS, but I got a boy scout compass and know how to read a topo map ;-)

Of course, I got the day right, but the date wrong. It's Sunday, 7/30. What time would you like to meet in Downieville Jeff, Mr Seen?

the Other Matt

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
gcmandrake said:
Of course, I got the day right, but the date wrong. It's Sunday, 7/30. What time would you like to meet in Downieville Jeff, Mr Seen?
Tenish sounds decent, but let me check with m'lady and see if she wants to go. She's been wanting to go on this trail with me with a very small group and this would be perfect. I don't like to wheel alone (especially right after major mechanical work), and she doesn't like large groups.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I also seem to recall she doesn't like shelf roads?:p:
Or is it the endearing, if somewhat screechy way in which she grips you when encountering same?:grinpimp:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Red_Chili said:
I also seem to recall she doesn't like shelf roads?:p:
Or is it the endearing, if somewhat screechy way in which she grips you when encountering same?:grinpimp:
She doesn't like heights, as in, steep drop offs. My recollection of BML is that the slope on the shelf roads isn't too steep. Maybe my recollection is off because I have no problem with steepness?

That part is only scary when the trail is wet or has snow on it. If I remember correctly.

I actually get to check the forum during the day today. Apparently my company's blocking software is down today. :cheers:

So far we are starting Sunday at 10am? Cool.

the Other Matt