Bill Burke's wife Rachel passed away (3/14/20)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Bill Burke's wife Rachel passed away today. No easy way to share such news, so here it is. As Bill is a good friend to many here and the club, if I hear of any about arrangements, a place to make a memorial donation, etc. I will post. Rachel had heath challenges the past few years. They did not talk about their personal life too much. So, I suppose in some ways they had some ability to prepare more than most.

Bill posted as follows https://www.facebook.com/4WheelingAmerica/:

"Folks, Today Rachel died peacefully. She had a debilitating stroke and just couldn't bounce back. Some of you knew this from our campfire chats. Others, well, it wasn't exactly a public story to tell. Now, I can say that my brilliant wife, partner and best friend for over 44 years who had my 6 on many occasions, has had a tough year and is at peace now. We met in college; me a veteran, she a mom working on her life. We enjoyed so much along the way. She always supported me, the business and our family! Thick and thin we stood facing forward and always moving through life with love. I miss you Rachel.
Please keep your comments and such - I get it. Thoughts and Prayers are nice, thank you! We'll have a Disco party and toast her life! Thank you all for your support through this time of deep grief for me. Burke out!"