Bhcc

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Well I got my sign up sheet sent yesterday for BHCC. I thought I would start a thread and see who else is going.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok, hypothetically speaking, what are the exact dates of the BHCC again? And how long does it take to get there?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Ok, hypothetically speaking, what are the exact dates of the BHCC again? And how long does it take to get there?

July 18-22, 5-6.5 hrs depending on road construction and what your towing. We always take longer to get there and go in to Hot Springs first (Evans Plunge rocks!). The Black Hills are relatively small and very beautiful and there is soooooo much tourist stuff to do that the family loves. Biggies are Evans Plunge, Mount Rushmore, Cave of the Winds, Bear Country Safari, Reptile Gardens, Needles Highway, plus many smaller attractions. The wheeling at BHCC is phenomenal! Everything from wife pleasing ghost town runs to serious extreme and everything in between!

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
The Boulder High Cosmic Cheerleaders event is from July 18 thru 21(which is the same weekend as the GTR:hill: ).

From Boulder/Longmont it is a good 6 hours. Need to go to Deadwood for some gambling, and now that it is super close to Deadwood, I foresee LOTS of evening trips into town to paint it red!

Best parts of the BHCC is Lotsa good trails, Mt Rushmore, cliff diving, Deadwood, and great folks.

My opinion to the only drawback is that there are fewer middle rated trails. They have an abundance of hardcore trails, and some sweet greenie hill rollers to see the countryside, but not too many inbetween. That may have changed over the past two years, especially with the HQ moving.

I reccomend it, especially the Badlands after a storm if you can make it:thumb: !

I may be there, not quite sure yet. If I will be going, it will be sans wagon.

I've got lots of friends who will be there that are bugging me to come. I've been trying to find a flight to Rapid City, but it's awful expensive.

Maybe I could get a ride up there with one of you guys? I'd be more than happy to chip in for gas.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
WR photo

I was snooping around DTC's site and found an old (2000) pic of Wildrice. Thats Danny Dilly's pickup ahead of me right before it was bobbed. I think the trail is Upper Buzzworm....fun! :)

b00-18.jpg

All I’ll say is that Hal Johns is Badass! Non-stop rockcrawling, and it is long! I would say that the minium tire size for that trail is 40s. I broke my T-case in half on that trail 2 weeks ago. Drive shafts were exploding every half hour, of the 10 or so vehicals we had in our group only 5 came out with power to all 4. There is a trail off hal johns called surprise draw and it is even more intense then hal johns. We stuck denny in this nasty crack and he broke his front D-shaft. Seriously badass! I wish I could afford to go up there again this summer.

e94caec6.jpg

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
BHCC or bust...

The time is here! Woo hoo! We almost bailed because of everything we have going on but with my wife having surgery on the 31st we said "da heck wit it....we're going!" My wife has PT in the mid morning then we are off. First stop...Evan Plunge in Hot Springs, SD for some water slide and mineral spring fun. We will be pulling into Wild Bills tomorrow night and staying in cabin #6 for the duration. Who else is making the journey? Robbie, Robyn and Ty headed out a hour ago. Do I need to take anything up from RS (free CM registration or????) I'll keep ya updated if the campground has WiFi....
:thumb: :thumb: :bowdown: :kevin: :woot: :woot: :campfire: :beer2:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I already sent the free CM08 registration certificate to Rhonda. Maybe you can give it away at the raffle.