FREE Battery Cores Free to Take

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I have several lead acid battery cores that are useless as batteries but good for core returns. Free for the taking.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Most parts stores will give you a $10 store credit for them 🤷‍♂️

That being said I have one too if anyone wants it lol
I'd love to be wrong but in order to get anything for them you have to buy a new battery.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Autozone does the same as long as you find the person old enough to know how
Took one there for the credit last week none of the three working knew how, but did agree it’s a free ten bucks

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
If it wasn't a pain to clean them properly I would love to take them for the lead. Always thought about that as a source for bullet casting but it's risky dealing with that stuff and disposing of the acid properly or neutralizing it. Iirc it's pretty pure too so I'd have to alloy it.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
If it wasn't a pain to clean them properly I would love to take them for the lead. Always thought about that as a source for bullet casting but it's risky dealing with that stuff and disposing of the acid properly or neutralizing it. Iirc it's pretty pure too so I'd have to alloy it.
easier to just get lead ingots from tire shops for free

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
easier to just get lead ingots from tire shops for free
Wait are there shops out here that give out free ingots? Because 8 years ago I went to a tire shop in Texas and I had to pay 20 for a 5 gallon of unsorted weights.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Wait are there shops out here that give out free ingots? Because 8 years ago I went to a tire shop in Texas and I had to pay 20 for a 5 gallon of unsorted weights.
iirc a lot of places have to pay to dispose of them..hazardous material or some stuff. so yeah free and it doesnt hurt to ask around.