Back to stock

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Here's an idea for a run (stole this from ih8mud):
We have seen some trips run around here lately called "back to stock days" where you have to run std size tires and wheels, no lockers to be turned on, to make a fun day without playing to hard, and brush up on recovery skills.

They have been popular.
Could be a great run!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Can't say I have the coin to afford multiple sets of wheels and tires, nor do I have multiple rigs...:eek:

How about if I just drive like a granny like I normally do. :)

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
:cool:

I got a stocker in the garage just itching to get out and get dirty :D - Have to be an easy trail though 'cuz if I scratch, ding, dent, etc. the :Princess:'s 80 I'd have to move in with the dood who suggested this run :lol:

Thinking of everything I need to do to the LX to get ready for CM08, I mistakenly suggested to the wife that we could just take her 80 instead. She was NOT amused :eek:

Crash

Rising Sun Member
:cool:

I got a stocker in the garage just itching to get out and get dirty :D - Have to be an easy trail though 'cuz if I scratch, ding, dent, etc. the :Princess:'s 80 I'd have to move in with the dood who suggested this run :lol:

Thinking of everything I need to do to the LX to get ready for CM08, I mistakenly suggested to the wife that we could just take her 80 instead. She was NOT amused :eek:

Sounds mighty familiar!
I'm in!! :D

bvb

What if the LX came with stock lockers? My :Princess: is in if the trail is nice to her Fluffy(LX).

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I like the idea. Just like the all-40's run, if you don't have a stocker, then park your beast and hop in with someone else who does.

wesintl

RS Moderator
sounds like all of my trips :rolleyes:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'm not gonna weld the IFS back on. :lmao:

If my '93 was running, I could drive it. But it has a BL and 31s. Wheeling 235s? I actually have never done that. We could drive up OMG Road I guess.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I did Engineer Pass in our stock Tacoma on 235s. No problemo. We could do Shrine Pass or Ptarmigan Pass, or anywhere in that area.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Wheeling 235s? I actually have never done that.

I did Engineer Pass in our stock Tacoma on 235s. No problemo. We could do Shrine Pass or Ptarmigan Pass, or anywhere in that area.

I ran Ophir Pass and Imogene Pass in my '99 Durango (stock), IFS with 31s and 7 people on board...

A year or two later I ran Engineer Pass and something else on the way back in the :Princess:'s old Jeep Libery. IFS and if I'm not mistaken 235s.

Ouray wheeling is more about the scenery :thumb:, but if those two stock domestics can do something like those trails I'm sure any stock Toyota won't blink a headlight at anything similar.