For Sale Auction 1973' FJ LC. Looks stock.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Hard to tell from pics how much is original and how much is lipstick, but either way it seems to be "all there". Did I miss the engine pics? Good luck with bidding!

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Hard to tell from pics how much is original and how much is lipstick, but either way it seems to be "all there". Did I miss the engine pics? Good luck with bidding!
The pictures are not great and limited. There is a preview day and someone could likely pay for more and better pictures (at least wholesale auctions provide that service) I'm not experienced in the public auction arena.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Looks like a fun project! starting with untangling that winch line and getting the hook through the fairlead... I always think it's suspect to see cheap light bars, that can often infer cheap other stuff... also looks like they spray painted the wires going to the winch while they were painting everything else?

And I can't get my head around the consistency of tire carriers... which ones are the plates, which are tube versions, which ones are left side vs. right side, etc. but no reason to suspect that one isn't the original, just my own rambling mostly. :rolleyes:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I would need to look at that closely in person. Definitely some cover up in that rear sill, barn doors and quarters. Rear crossmember and bumperettes sprayed over. Might be 1st gen pickup wheels? Still cool, just no cap clips. No under hood pics worries me.. and those mirrors have to go! 73 Reverse light, lowback buckets and oem stereo are cool 😎

For less money, this 72 on mud looks like it has fewer surprises.

Last edited:

Ann

Rising Sun Member
Looks like a fun project! starting with untangling that winch line and getting the hook through the fairlead... I always think it's suspect to see cheap light bars, that can often infer cheap other stuff... also looks like they spray painted the wires going to the winch while they were painting everything else?

And I can't get my head around the consistency of tire carriers... which ones are the plates, which are tube versions, which ones are left side vs. right side, etc. but no reason to suspect that one isn't the original, just my own rambling mostly. :rolleyes:
Hey now Tim - I run cheap lightbars on the 200 and 80😄