Ask Weeves

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Has there been an issue with the speed of the RS site? I do not have a problem anywhere else but often the RS site will bog on me especially when posting. I clear my cashe regularly. This happens on both my desktop and my laptop.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I have it happen at work a lot. I will go to the next page and it will just hang. It happens at home too but not as much, seems daytime is the worst.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Sometimes reply to posts simply hangs. Usually 'quick reply'. I copy, go to advanced, paste, whammo its done. Weird.

Also had a couple instances where I could not get a reply from the website, "Page cannot be displayed".

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Just so you all don't feel all alone, I've experienced it all as well. Sometimes I can get to the main page but not the forumns...Replys hanging...etc...etc...

In general though things pretty stable, just not 100% all of the time. I seem to run into problems more often when I'm typing up some long winded reply - maybe the site knows what is best ;)

wesintl

RS Moderator
I haven't really experienced any imho but I don't post nearly as much as UB ;). I haven't been online nearly as much though this week. If you can send me the date and time when this slowness occurs I can fwd it onto the host. I doubt it'll do a whole lot of good tho. We probably just experience some lag between the widoz box and the db which I can't do much about. I'll look into it and see if either matt of kipper have any other ideas as well.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Just so you all don't feel all alone, I've experienced it all as well. Sometimes I can get to the main page but not the forumns...Replys hanging...etc...etc...

In general though things pretty stable, just not 100% all of the time. I seem to run into problems more often when I'm typing up some long winded reply - maybe the site knows what is best ;)

X2

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It's actually been running pretty fast for me lately. Wasn't there an "optimize the database" button you pushed a while ago?

wesintl

RS Moderator
100 pages is the limit. :cheers:

Well done Nakman! I wonder where the $5 vise is...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
The $5 vice was in my first post, the one that started it all.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Changing topic: is there a good reason why I would be able to access the forum from my work computer but not my home computer? I cleared my cache etc. in Firefox and restarted, and even tried IE, but it's not working, and it looks like people were on and posting last night :bawl: I can reach IH8MUD just fine...

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
What error do you get?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Uncle Ben hasn't been able to get on in two days. he and I are trading e-mails. he cleared his cookies and shut down his firewall. Thinking some IPs may be getting blocked

subzali

Hard Core 4+

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I'm baaaacccckkkk. What a PITA! I ended up renewing my IP address, rebuilding my TCP stack and rebooting my router. This was in addition to clearing cookies and cache. Only RS was the issue. What is the theory? :confused:

wesintl

RS Moderator
So you're the reason for our server slowness ;)