• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Argentine Pass Clean Up #2

wesintl

RS Moderator
It was a fun day up on the pass!

Attachments

• 111_1172.JPG
    111_1172.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 67,412
  • 111_1174.JPG
    111_1174.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 75,821

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Had a good time at Argentine Pass yesterday. Had a smaller turn out, but we did get a lot done. Line up was Bill Morgan in Red Chili, Ige in the 60. I'm drawing a blank on his name but am thinking it's Joe(?) think he was Enzo on the old board??? Sorry. He was driving a nice built 80. Wes who showed up as we started the cleanup of the poopers. And myself in the 4runner. Was wondering if Jeff was going to show up in the pickup, he didnt after all.. My gues was he either slept in our had to go to a wedding. We had to make a short stop on the way up as Bill had some mexican food on the way back from farmington and wasnt setting so well........
We headed up the lower powerline road in order to get to the campsite. And on the way up, I noticed another toilet. It was odd because it wasnt in a campsite..... Will have to get to that next year. The clean up of the toilet/campsite actualy went fairley quik. There was a little bit of a hole dug where it sat so all we had to do was cover it up, then destroy the toilet. We found a bunch of broken glass in the campfire ring, so we also cleaned that out. Man it looks nice there now.

O.k, someone is going to have to show me how to upload pics on this befor I can post the images..... Dont see any of that browse button like on the old forum.....

wesintl

RS Moderator
scroll down past the message box to "additional options" to "attach files" and click manage attachments.This board is really the same as MUD.. you should be able to attach at least 3.I haven't tried more than that. HTH

bh4rnnr

Thanks. Now I just gotta resize them all.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
was fun...even though i was hanging bigtime and running on a few hours sleep. man that section up the rock creekbed sucks after drinking all day the night before! i was glad that the toilets went quick. i actually think cleaning the firepits sucked more. would definitly like to do more runs up there and hit a few more of the little side trails.

E

enzo

perry where are the pics.

Hey Perry- Are you able to post some more pics of the trail? I was hoping to see some of them.

Joe

94 Landcruiser 33" MTRs, sliders, winch, bumpers,lockers, esspresso machine.

bh4rnnr

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Might have to find a better way of posting the high res pics on this site. Have found over on mud when posting, its somewhere around 200 on image size. Not the best for veiwing.....

Attachments

• Wes going up.jpg
    Wes going up.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 6,475

wesintl

RS Moderator
Perry, Try resizing to 640x480.. mud requires a little smaller pic. Here it's higher and you can post up to 150kb :)

bh4rnnr

Nope, was only able to get to 350... Says its at 149k. When I shoot hi-rez, it's at 3008x2000. I think the size of the pic has something to do with it..

Attachments

• hehehe.jpg
    hehehe.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 5,020

wesintl

RS Moderator
yeah.. resolution make a big difference you might try turning it down to 1600x1200 for stuff you just going to post on the web...

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
more pics folks...i forgot my camera

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Smaller Jpegs

Perry, do you have Photoshop? If not, I can hook you up with an older copy. If you use the "Save for Web" feature, you can adjust the quality of the compression so you can balance between quality and file size.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
bh4rnnr said:
Was wondering if Jeff was going to show up in the pickup, he didnt after all.. My gues was he either slept in our had to go to a wedding.

The wedding's next Saturday, but I got out of it so I'll be at the swap meet...on my birthday!

As for the cleanup, I woke up Saturday around 7, got out of bed around 8 and remembered the run around 10 :)

wesintl

RS Moderator
Rzeppa said:
As for the cleanup, I woke up Saturday around 7, got out of bed around 8 and remembered the run around 10 :)

That's what I did.. although I rolled up to georgetown about 10-10:30 :eek:

bh4rnnr

Alright, some pics from the run......... Joe in his 80 going up the hill, Me having a little fun(and making it so people will hopefully not go off the recently closed rd..) Some cool alpine flowers, and the group at one of the roads we closed that day.

Attachments

• after all the hard work.jpg
    after all the hard work.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4,641
  • Alpine flowers.jpg
    Alpine flowers.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 5,806
  • cutting it up.jpg
    cutting it up.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4,701
  • Joe going up.jpg
    Joe going up.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 4,512
Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Few more, thought we'd try a different approach when closing the roads(this was where we closed some of the road last time,at the top of the big hill climb). Cool purple flower. Hauling out the pooper. And Joe distroying it.

Attachments

• No means No!!!.jpg
    No means No!!!.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,714
  • purple flower.jpg
    purple flower.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 3,003
  • taking care of buisness.jpg
    taking care of buisness.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 6,201
  • tearing apart the pooper.jpg
    tearing apart the pooper.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3,587
Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Two more, the group heading to the top of Argentine. And the view from the top. We didnt stay to long as it as quite cold up there, and all the clouds around us seemd to have lightning in them. So it was decided to hurry back down to lower elevation.....

Attachments

• the group heading to the top of the pass.jpg
    the group heading to the top of the pass.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 7,053
  • view from the top.jpg
    view from the top.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,060