• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

ARB Seminar - May 18th

wesintl

RS Moderator
Per Chris Wood (ARB Western Rep)

I wanted to officially offer the Rising Sun 4WD Club, May 18th… which is a Friday. These seminars usually get started around 6:00 p.m. and typically go until 8:30 or 9:00… depending on the range of questions. As I mentioned on the phone, the participants will be treated to an insider’s look at the engineering and function of many of our products, with an objective comparison to many other brands. I will be disassembling an Air Locker, an Old Man Emu shock, a high-performance IPF driving light and other components and using them to educate and prepare the guests to make better buying decisions, regardless of which brands of products they are interested in.

Please Welcome Chris with a larger turnout! He's a Toyota and specifically a Cruiser guy daily driving a frame off '87 FJ60 :thumb:

6:30 in the conference room at Stevinson Toyota West. Same Place Rising Sun holds the monthly meetings. :)

Last edited:
I'll be down by Blanding, UT - but I can say that I LOVE my ARB Air Lockers, and Safari Snorkel on the Gnewt. Now, if I could just lay my hands on one of those ARB Refrigerator/Freezers...

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I just heard from Chris Wood about this seminar. I'll be there kind of representing Toyota Trails. Chris said they will be supplying pizza and refreshments, so we probably ought to try and get an accurate head count as we get closer to the 18th.

Looking forward to it!

Is this event still happening? If so, has a firm time and location been determined yet?

It's quite timely, since RedChili and I are beginning plans to install an ARB in the rear of my 97 Tacoma (aka Truckwagon).

Cheers!

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
TTT. Don't forget this seminar. It would be nice to gave a good turnout.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Chris told me in an email it would be at Stevenson, at 6:30. Also said Wes is our main contact.. I'm not sure which Stevenson though. Wes?

chris wood said:
I will be disassembling an Air Locker, an Old Man Emu shock, a high-performance IPF driving light and other components and using them to educate and prepare the guests to make better buying decisions, regardless of which brands of products they are interested in.
Nice! Any need to sign up? Can I come even tho I'm not officially a member yet :p: ?

-Sean

wesintl

RS Moderator
Non members are more than welcome and this would count as an even if you would like to join.

I'll have a poll for sign up closer to the event. IIRC Chris talked about pizza but I need to firm that up with him.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Dangit, the PMP class I've been trying to attend for about a year is actually going to happen - right through this and even through Friday before Memorial Day.

[EDIT] Woohoo, they bumped back the class. If scheduling (read: my wifely event planner) permits, I will try to be there. Mebbe I'll get an answer to my slow-disengaging front locker with clicky clicky sounds.

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
First segment is the Air locker chili.. iirc

Anyway. Everyone try to be there promptly at 6:30.

ARB ill pick up pizza for this night so don't worry bout dinner. Let's give chris a great turn out. I think it will be intersting.

I'll post a poll early next week for an accurate head count to pizza.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Don't miss the non-sticky thread down below folks! Or maybe it will be moved up...

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I'm in. :)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
anybody want to meet at otb for beverages beforehand? i'll be in arvada at 5 and don't want to go home, only to drive back

Thanks for putting this on! I had a great time poking at parts on the table, and it was good to hear about the rationale for some of the choices ARB makes in designing their products. Learned all sorts of interesting stuff about lockers in general, ARB compressors and bumpers, and the differences between monotube and twin tube shocks.

Also got a tire plug kit in the impromptu raffle! Thanks Chris :D!