• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Anyone want to come help me and jimmy at pull and pay

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Anyone available to help me and jimmy pull a rear axle out of a 100 series at Denver pullsndpay?

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yes? Time and/or day?

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I was thinking Monday afternoon, but I don’t really want to do it if it’s 40 F and raining. I am a little worried because it looks like someone started removing some parts connecting the rear axle (shock/UCA) but if it’s gone that’s what it is.

Anyone ever pull an axle there and use their crane deals? They don’t allow jacks in there and we obviously need to pull up the back and throw some rims under there.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I am suspicious some one has eyes on this axel and locker after reviewing my pics and doing some research.

Switch cut out (wouldn't want anyone else to see the OE locker switch):
IMG_3991.jpeg
Also dash tore up. Were they just taking all the dash components are getting the rear diff lock ecu?
IMG_3990.jpeg
Some pieces disconnected from the rear axle:
IMG_3994.jpegIMG_3992.jpeg

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I think this is the 2000 LX. I think this front dif would work for you @DanielChase :
IMG_3964.jpegIMG_3965.jpegIMG_3967.JPGIMG_3972.jpeg

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I think this one is the 99 LX (pretty rough). Didn't spend much time around this one:
IMG_3973.jpegIMG_3978.jpeg

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Few more of the 99 LC. Transmission anyone?:
IMG_3995.jpegIMG_3980.jpegIMG_3987.jpegIMG_3982.jpeg

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Happen to notice any factory trailer light connectors? I might run up there today for one unless someone else is already going. Have to figure out if 1999/2000 would even work on a 2006. Anyone know?

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Happen to notice any factory trailer light connectors? I might run up there today for one unless someone else is already going. Have to figure out if 1999/2000 would even work on a 2006. Anyone know?
Do you mean like 4 pin tow connector? Pretty sure a yes. I may pay $3 to run in and make sure axle is still there this afternoon before we commit to bringing enough tools and a trailer up to pull it tomorrow.

Or let me know if you head there today and maybe you could check on that axle.

Last edited:

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@Inukshuk I think the factory trailer controller may not be worth messing with. IIRC they fail commonly and folks install aftermarket controllers in their place (mine has failed and this is my plan).

I don't think I can get there anytime soon but be sure to grab all the door and window switches you can find and have fun!

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
@Inukshuk I think the factory trailer controller may not be worth messing with. IIRC they fail commonly and folks install aftermarket controllers in their place (mine has failed and this is my plan).

I don't think I can get there anytime soon but be sure to grab all the door and window switches you can find and have fun!
I pulled some nicer lexus switch panels for the rear doors, but had to reuse my LC switches since the LX ones are auto in the rear. So if anyone needs rear LX switches I got you.

Andy, any thoughts on the locker ECU?

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I pulled some nicer lexus switch panels for the rear doors, but had to reuse my LC switches since the LX ones are auto in the rear. So if anyone needs rear LX switches I got you.

Andy, any thoughts on the locker ECU?
I'd grab the ECU if they let you have it... would be nice for testing, might be good for the retrofit if you can get all the wiring. I understand the ECU is super reliable and almost never fails.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I went out yesterday morning and the rear axle was still there with no one around.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Brian and I are going to the junkyard now to retrieve the axle and some other parts. Anyone care to join us in the rain?

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Huge thanks to @J1000 . This sucker isn't the lightest and its always great to get someone to agree when you ask "do you think I should cut here? Plan is to clean it all up and prep it up nice, plan out wiring and brake lines etc so we can do the swap pretty easily on the lift over at the shop. I will start a thread with my planning and prepping adventures.
IMG_4023.jpeg

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Good job you guys! Awesome find! What did you pay for the axle?

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Good job you guys! Awesome find! What did you pay for the axle?
It is almost a steal at $102! Considering I could probably turn around and sell it on Mud for quite a bit more than that. However, I would much rather have a 100 series with ATRAC and a factory rear locker for a few hundred bucks and my time.