Anyone interested in doing some wheeling this weekend?

ripeart

Rising Sun Member
I've been looking at Cedar Mountain Road, seems pretty moderate. There's a possibility a couple other non-club members will come along as well.

Last edited:

ripeart

Rising Sun Member
Red Jeep Guy from the snow run (Group B) we did will be coming along.

tacomaJoe73

Rising Sun Member
@ripeart keep me posted which day.. son's got a game SAT. My uncle lives in Woodland & we do the gulches, rainbow falls, china wall.. all should be passable, or worth considering too :)

ripeart

Rising Sun Member
@ripeart keep me posted which day.. son's got a game SAT. My uncle lives in Woodland & we do the gulches, rainbow falls, china wall.. all should be passable, or worth considering too :)
We could do Sunday if that works for you.

ripeart

Rising Sun Member
So it looks like we'll be heading to Cedar Mountain Road this Sunday, meetup at trailhead at 10:30 ish. Rainbow Falls seems too easy, and China Wall is closed. Not sure what the gulches are but pretty flexible.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Hackett might be the best place to start. If you can’t make it up Hackett rock you can turn around. Longwater and metberry have rock slabs that might be difficult to climb back up once you go down them.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Why is China wall closed? Is it seasonal?

tacomaJoe73

Rising Sun Member
Hackett might be the best place to start. If you can’t make it up Hackett rock you can turn around. Longwater and metberry have rock slabs that might be difficult to climb back up once you go down them.
in my Rubicon w/ 35s and 3.5", I walked up these slab obstacles easily.. completely untested in my 23" Tacoma w/ 3.5" & 31s, I don't recall that there are winch points, so you'd need someone up top first. If I don't make the run, would love to hear how it turns out & conditions.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
in my Rubicon w/ 35s and 3.5", I walked up these slab obstacles easily.. completely untested in my 23" Tacoma w/ 3.5" & 31s, I don't recall that there are winch points, so you'd need someone up top first. If I don't make the run, would love to hear how it turns out & conditions.
I mean in winter with snow those slabs might be dicey…