Anyone else here get one of those Car-top-tents on mud?

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Howdy-

Heading down to Colorado Springs tomorrow to get my new Car-Top-Tent. Had it shipped to my company headquarters to save on shipping.

I am pretty stoked, 325.00 for the tent, mattress, mounts, ladder, SUV ladder extender, travel cover and rain fly.

It looks quite a bit cheaper in quality next to the easy awn's or hannibals but it will fit the "bill" for me at nearly 1200 cheaper than the next one in line.

Anyone else here nab one? Just curious to your first impressions.

Drew

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Rezarf said:
Howdy-

Heading down to Colorado Springs tomorrow to get my new Car-Top-Tent. Had it shipped to my company headquarters to save on shipping.

I am pretty stoked, 325.00 for the tent, mattress, mounts, ladder, SUV ladder extender, travel cover and rain fly.

It looks quite a bit cheaper in quality next to the easy awn's or hannibals but it will fit the "bill" for me at nearly 1200 cheaper than the next one in line.

Anyone else here nab one? Just curious to your first impressions.

Drew

Got one, but not here yet

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
That is sweet Ben,

I thought you just got one of those Oz tents? Maybe that was someone else.

This thing will eventually go onto a small camper trailer... but for now, I am going to find a home on the roof... once that gets put back on.

Let me know what you think when you get yours, when does yours come in?

Drew

sno bored

Trail Ready
Drew, are you still planning on buying/making a trailer? Someone on MUD posted a craigslist post in Colorado for a military trailer for $450. Just thought I would give you a heads up. Kevin

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Ha, it just showed up. Maybe check it out tonight or this weekend at the latest.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
sno bored said:
Drew, are you still planning on buying/making a trailer? Someone on MUD posted a craigslist post in Colorado for a military trailer for $450. Just thought I would give you a heads up. Kevin

Thanks Kevin, do you have a link?

I appreaciate bro... snow is coming soon man!

Drew

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Ahhhhh....I wanted one but when the guy finally returned my call they were sold out. :( Congradulations! I'll give you $450 for it right now Drew! :rolleyes: :hill:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Kevin-

Found the link, that is a 1.5 ton... WAY too big for a cruiser. Thanks for the tip and yes I am on the hunt!

Uncle Ben, I heard they might consider offering the deal by getting tents back from distributors? Have you checked that out? I think I was number 6 in line.

Nope, I won't take your offer :D but seriously, you are more than welcome to borrow it whenever it is not in use and I mean it! We could trade the time in my roof top tent for time in your pimp RV!:eek:

Drew

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Uncle Ben said:
Ahhhhh....I wanted one but when the guy finally returned my call they were sold out. :( Congradulations! I'll give you $450 for it right now Drew! :rolleyes: :hill:

Kevin, I'm not 100% I'll keep it, if I don't you are first on my list.

ben:D

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Well I put it on and it is pretty cool. The ladder design sucks - will have to work on that. Other than that it is definitely not the quality of an ez awn but for the price you can't beat it. The girls call it the "treehouse"

DSCN0178.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

DSCN0180.JPG

DSCN0181.JPG

DSCN0182.JPG

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey not bad! what's it look like folded up?

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
nakman said:
Hey not bad! what's it look like folded up?

I couldn't get the kids out til it was after dark, Here's a couple I snapped at work this morning.

DSCN0187.JPG

DSCN0188.JPG

wesintl

RS Moderator
Dude, That's pretty sweet. I wish I could have pulled the trigger.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Yea, what's it mean when your :Princess: just starts laughing after she sees it and shakes her head. Good right??? :rolleyes:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I think that means "Honey, you're sleeping on the side with the ladder." :D

Seriously, that looks dang cool and functional but I'm with you on the ladder design. That would be a rude way to get woken up in the middle of the night if that thing collapsed on you :eek:

Now, to figure out a way to fab that up on top of a FJ40 without a hard top but with a full roll cage...:rolleyes:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Sweet Pics Ben-

Picked mine up today, plan on getting it open sometime this weekend. I will post up a few pics when I get it up and running.

I do have plans to get it onto a trailer, but a summer mount would be sweet as well. when the top is off.

Drew

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Well,

I opened mine up in the garage last night. It has been a long time since I opened something that was ready to roll right as you opened it. I removed the top of the box and flopped it open... pretty sweet to see it pop up and ready to roll within a minute of opening the box.

I guess that is their main advantage. I am pretty excited to get the hard top back on now... first time I have ever thought that :D

I will post up some pics when I get them.

Drew