Annual Argentine Pass Cleanup Run, Sunday June 29!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
We have a date nailed down with the Forest Service for our annual cleanup of Argentine Pass!

Where to meet: pulloff of Guanella Pass Road where Argentine Pass begins
When: Meet at 9AM, air down and have safety overview and hopefully roll by 9:30AM

We have signboard plans that I have volunteered to get finished, I will start pricing this week and hopefully have a budgeted amount established before the meeting next week and then start working on them; it shouldn't take too long.

Brant would like to go higher up Argentine than we have gone in the last couple of years (we usually stop at the mine that has the little railcar going through it IIRC), hoping to familiarize us with parts of the upper trail, including spurs (where snow does not prevent us from continuing on). Also, depending on group size, we may consider splitting into two or more groups to cover some of the smaller spurs and roads. The most important thing, though, is to get a message board sign installed and scope out potential future projects.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'll be there. :thumb:

We split into two groups last year also. Worked well and I think we covered a lot of terrain and picked up A LOT of trash, especially out of the campsites on the lower trail.

I'm curious how much snow they have up there still?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'm bummed I can't make this (seems like a recurring theme) :(

We'll be in Grand Lake for the :Princess:'s birthday with her entire family and as of yet I have been unable to convince her that this would be a fun side trip...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
In.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Last year Shorty had a great idea and brought along some pruning shears. He was able to clip back some of the soft-top eating branches and limbs that had grown over the lower section of trail we were on. Some sections of the trail are very grown over and could use some attention. I'll be bringing some this year for sure.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
It's a slim possibility we'll be there. Depends on when we get back from California and how bad the wounds are.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Just got scheduled to work that weekend so unless we can guarantee internet access, I won't be able to make it. I planned on going last weekend but my dad reminded me it was Sunday June 29th not Sunday May 32nd. :eek:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Just got scheduled to work that weekend so unless we can guarantee internet access, I won't be able to make it. I planned on going last weekend but my dad reminded me it was Sunday June 29th not Sunday May 32nd. :eek:

Theres cell signal at the top of the pass, and on a clear day, you can see Breck. And this warm weather, the top might be open by then......

I'm in. Just need somebody to put up with my shenanigens for the day....

:beer::beer:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
As always, I'm sure you can catch a ride Perry. I've got my passenger seat filled with Brant it sounds like, it'll be good to talk with him and get to know him.

THIS SUNDAY EVERYBODY!

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i planon making it'

bh4rnnr

If possible, would sure love to bum a ride from someone. Would love to be there and help out.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
If possible, would sure love to bum a ride from someone. Would love to be there and help out.

Perry, if you can make it up to Evergreen Sunday morning, you can ride with me in the 40 from there. :thumb:

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
What all do you need to bring? Gloves I assume...

rover67

Rising Sun Member
trying to see if the family (dog, GF, roommate) want to do this one. we were thinking about camping somewhere up there sat night, and joining the fun sunday.

bh4rnnr

Looks like Imight be able to use my Dads vehicle to get me to the trailhead, from there i'll probably just hop in with somebody(will post up if this doesnt work out).

:beer::beer:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
gonna have to bow out tomorrow. sorry:(