• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Alpine Loop + Cebolla Pass

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
@Celliottoz and I spoke earlier and agreed to the following plan:

Depart Denver metro around 6 or 7 am for a 10am or 11am arrival in Gunnison. Meet at Legion Park in Gunnison. From there, head South, run Cebolla pass and find dispersed camping around 7/8 miles outside of Lake City. Camp there Friday night, wake up Saturday and run Engineer pass, lunch in Ouray or Silverton, run Stoney Pass back to camp. Drink whisky, stay Saturday night, pack up and head home Sunday. @riderjgs I know this is different than what we posted on here today. Hope you can still join us. Leaving tomorrow was going to be too much of a rush with work and put us there too late. @Fisher67 didn't hear from you today but if this plan works for you, you are welcome to join us.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Sounds like a blast. Have fun! Was actually eyeballing Pinos Pass for the Ghost Town Run this year...

:beer: :beer:

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like a blast. Have fun! Was actually eyeballing Pinos Pass for the Ghost Town Run this year...

:beer: :beer:

I had to organize my own run when I missed your sign up! Hope to catch one of your famous ghost runs down the road!

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Jameson, that sounds awesome! I'm leaving Berthoud Friday 0500 to beat traffic and going straight to Montrose to my Cuz Mike (Burt88) house. Not sure what his game plan is yet but we're heading out early Saturday morning and I'll be heading home Monday afternoon.. Will you guys be on HAM ? Have a great trip if we don't connect.

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
Jameson, that sounds awesome! I'm leaving Berthoud Friday 0500 to beat traffic and going straight to Montrose to my Cuz Mike (Burt88) house. Not sure what his game plan is yet but we're heading out early Saturday morning and I'll be heading home Monday afternoon.. Will you guys be on HAM ? Have a great trip if we don't connect.
If I was a respectable member of the Rising Club I would have HAM. I'm not, and therefor will be on CB 06 unless there is excess chatter there. I will have an InReach with me. PM me your cell phone number and I can send you a message from InReach and we can stay in touch that way.

Sean Solo

Rising Sun Member
Well you should all be on the trail by now but just encase you check the forum while on the trail, my family will be staying at my brother in laws mining claim on Saturday night just down from the top of Engineer. (Near the suspension bridge house) If you see the green 3rd gen 4Runner, stop in and say hi. We might actually run into you on the way up to the site if we leave early enough. Will check out the situation for future club runs.
IMG_4416.jpg

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
Well you should all be on the trail by now but just encase you check the forum while on the trail, my family will be staying at my brother in laws mining claim on Saturday night just down from the top of Engineer. (Near the suspension bridge house) If you see the green 3rd gen 4Runner, stop in and say hi. We might actually run into you on the way up to the site if we leave early enough. Will check out the situation for future club runs.
View attachment 97460
We will be coming through Engineer before noon on Saturday. We will look for you.