• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Alpine Loop + Cebolla Pass

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
Hi all,

Considering putting together a run that consists of: meet up in Gunnison and run down and jump on Cebolla Pass and run it to just outside of Lake City. We can can camp at the start of Cebolla near Lake City, then run the Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Pass) in one day, link back to camp. Head home the next day. Two great high altitude passes, some good camping and a lot real good "old Colorado" sites. Would likely need Thurs-Sun days off to make this run possible.

Runs on TrailsOffroad below:

I'm open to dates. If you are interested, post your preferred dates.

I'll start:
7/15-7/18
7/29-8/1
8/12-8/15

Try to give three options late July-August. I think it makes sense to limit to 6 trucks but we can expand if necessary. Both of these runs should have some pucker factor, but no major obstacles to consider based on what I know.

@RayRay27 @kurtnkegger @Danger Noodle @u_NO_me @ChewBaca @Lars @Coyote @Oh_shift @DanielChase @bassguyry @jps8460 @nakman @MountainGoat @AimCOTaco

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
cool! I would love to join if the dates add up. I'm going to be leaving Pagosa Springs on Monday 8/2, then was thinking Lake City to Engineer, camping somewhere... I need to be in Ouray on 8/3. So if you do that middle option and this trickles into the beginning of the following week, let's hook up!

Burt88

Trail Ready
Sign me up! I'm available any of those dates.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sounds like a blast! I'd be in, but I'm thinking of hitting Black Bear, Imogene, and Engineer in early September.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
The Land Cruiser Destination cluc (LCDC) is doing their event in Ouray this year. Several of us are attending and leading. I am actually leading Alpine Loop On Thursday July 29th.

Otherwise I would think about joining you. Just wanted you to know there is a Cruiser event there one weekend you put down

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
I would be interested if you go on the August dates.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I could be down for the August dates. I usually try to get down that way once a summer/early fall and I have been wanting to check out that Cochetopa dome. Any interest in stony pass vs one leg of alpine loop?

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
well looks like its happening in August (most likely), so I'll be out for those dates. 40s only run I'll be at though...

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
The Land Cruiser Destination cluc (LCDC) is doing their event in Ouray this year. Several of us are attending and leading. I am actually leading Alpine Loop On Thursday July 29th.

Otherwise I would think about joining you. Just wanted you to know there is a Cruiser event there one weekend you put down
Thanks for the heads up Ken. Much appreciated.

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like a blast! I'd be in, but I'm thinking of hitting Black Bear, Imogene, and Engineer in early September.
When in September... and what is stopping you from doing both?

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
Alright... 8/12-8/15 seems to make sense... based on that... who on this thread can commit? @Shuksan totally flexible in re the route.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Those dates look like they would/will work, but I need to check work schedule and what the wife thinks. We are family camping with neighbors the weekend before, so I am hoping to swing a solo trip or just bring my older son (4 YO professional camper)

Burt88

Trail Ready
I'm in for those dates.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Alright... 8/12-8/15 seems to make sense... based on that... who on this thread can commit? @Shuksan totally flexible in re the route.
The boss just gave me the go ahead on going solo. Gonna try and recruit my buddy if we have room.

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
The boss just gave me the go ahead on going solo. Gonna try and recruit my buddy if we have room.
Great news. I think we'll have plenty of room. Recruit away. @Burt88 great to hear you are in. Let's give this a couple of days to see if more folks that expressed interest (@AlpineAccess , @Fisher67 , @Trail Bum , @Coyote ) can commit. After that, I'd suggest we jump on a zoom call to discuss routes and itinerary. I'd also suggest we throw in a little twist for camp. Perhaps everyone can bring a good bottle of booze to share around the campfire. Or cigars? Just throwing it out there.