• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

all this ham talk, how to test?

acon40

Banned
So I figure I need to jump on the ham club. How/what do I need or test? And where when how much. The good stuff. If you can't tell I am in a flurry to get my truck ready for wheeling season.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Class info, exam info

The class thread is here:
Rising Sun HAM Radio Class
Held this February.

Go here if you don't want the class and want to find the next available exam dates near you(I did it within 20 miles of my zip code. just change the zip code at the bottom of the web page to find ones closest to you.):
ARRL Exam search

Most folks who took the first class said that the practice exams at www.qrz.com helped immensely to pass the test. The class will focus most on good and safe operating practice, help on everything needed to pass the test, and how we integrate HAM radio into wheeling.

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
The study guide at the bottom of this page is very good. My son and I both used it along with the practice tests that Nathaniel listed.

Last edited:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
The study guide at the bottom of this page is very good. My son and I both used it along with the practice tests that Nathaniel listed.

Ricardo, you're the only one who has caught that in almost 2 years. It has always been the E vs. A thing. I'm an E kinda Nathaniel. Or Jimmie, or Groucho or whatever...

Thanks!:thumb: