Alaska Cruiser Trek 08

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Robin:Princess: and I will be traveling up to Alaska this year for the ACT. We will be taking the month of July off to travel up and do the trek and as well as see my mom after the trek. I was only posting this up to see if any one else in the club was thinking or mailed off the application for this event. This is a event that I have been wanting to do since the first one so many years ago. If I only lived back home. Yes we will be taking the 80 and Ty :cool:as well. I will be working on the 80 some to meet some more of the needs I want in a truck as well as the maintance that one needs for a big trip.
Any how we have mailed our application off last week after much discussion. Open for discussions if any one wants to tag along. robbie

Hants

Rising Sun Member
The ACT is on my MustDo list, but not this year. :(

Does preparation include a new block? ;)

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Linda and I plan on traveling to AK this summer; it is not yet decided whether there will be wheeling and/or ACT involved, but we plan to be there one way or the other!

Robbie,

You are welcome to crash at our place before or after if you take interstate 84 through Idaho.

I wish I was going. This was supposed to be the year we went too. However, Ginger ended up pregnant so that has pushed it off another 5 years. The last time we planned on going was when Ginger ended up pregnant with Gabe. Hmmm! Planning a trip to Alaska = Pregnant wife. I guess I should have started planning that trip when I was younger. Or maybe I should not plan it next time?

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Wow did not really think some folks may be heading up to AK. I think currently we will be traveling straight up to calgary, then through Baniff, over the miles high skyway(i do not have a map in front of me), catch the Alcan into AK. May ver off to go though Chicken and Dawson before we hit the ACT. Have not really thought much about the return, maybe through the Cassier HWY, then down to seattle area to visit the Bros. Maybe on the way back from seattle we can hit up Idaho. So many places not enough time.
timing is everything Eric. What time of year are you planning to head up Jeff?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
[hijack] Congrats, Eric! :party: :woot: [/hijack]

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
What time of year are you planning to head up Jeff?
In the middle of the summer, around July. I figure on taking around 3 weeks.

I asked Linda if she might be interested in the ACT and said "sure, as long as they have flush toilets and running water" LOL! Seriously, since we aren't going on the ACT itself, I'd want to make sure we weren't in Wasilla while the whole gang is out in the bush, so the timing would be either just before they leave or just after they get back.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Also on the must-do list, but I'm holding out for ACT '10, to get a few things under my belt first and figure out what kind of rig I'm going to be taking. My truck's too small right now and I can't decide if I want to build it or purpose-build something for the ACT.