• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Adventure Offroad

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
So some people know that I do good work and some do not in the club. Anyhow I have been working on Cruisers and trucks(Toyota products) for a number of years. Talk to me about the best location for working on your Cruiser. I can use your parts or supply parts.
I can also work on other vehicles(domestic and other makes). I was a diesel mechanic in the 80's. I did flat rate car work for a couple of years as well( a recession a ways back). I do prefer to work on Toyota's. But no challenge is too small.
Either PM me, or Call me 303-884-7813
All said and done I have been wrenching since 1980( 29 years and counting).
I also do Driver training if you need. I am certified I4WDTA trainer. If you feel the need to get more educated in this area.
Robbie

Last edited:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
I can attest to the quality of Robbie's work. You will not find a better mechanic to work on your junk, period. I'd go to Robbie long before going to anyone else.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Everyone knows I do all my own work. I have farmed a couple things out to Robbie as he is the ONLY other person I will trust my junk with! Get it done right the first time and give Robbie a cal!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Robbie was worked on my 80 and the results were outstanding!

X2 in fact he has worked on both our 80's. He has done the Haedgasket on my 80, helped retrofit Sarah's truck for Lockers (was lockerless), done axle jobs, rebuilt a differential and provided a general tune-up and fluid change-out prior to Sarah going to college.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Thanks, Robbie!!!

I just had Robbie do a 30K service to the FJC and I am sold on his work and his knowledge of the vehicle.....and he was a fraction of what others charge. I also had him give the 40 a once over and will schedule work with him soon after the 40 is decommissioned for the winter.

Thanks again....................

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Just got done replacing my fuel filter on the 80. No matter if you have done one before or not, you should pay Robbie to do it ;). I hear he can swap one in 15min. It took me well over two days:whiteflag: :hill:

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
definitely get with Robbie!

I'm lucky enough to have had Robbie do a REEEAAALLLLLY nice re-build on my 2f in the 60. as has been said before...:bowdown::robbie:

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
New location for the winter. The building is coming along slowly.

I am located at 2752 47th st, boulder co 80302.
Just up the block from Boulder, Toyota off of Foothills park way.

NEW ADDRESS as of 11/2014: 6367 Arapahoe Rd Boulder, CO 80303

Just some space, no lift. But it will be warm and dry for the winter as Robin and I get work done on the house and the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
What about a couch and a fridge? :)

Good news!:wrench:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Nice!! And yeah what Matt said, when do we get to break it in?

:happyhour: :drink: :party: :beer2:

Caribou Sandstorm

Hard Core 4+
New location for the winter. The building is coming along slowly.

I am located at 2752 47th St., Boulder CO 80302.

Just up the block from Boulder, Toyota off of Foothills park way.

Just some space, no lift. But it will be warm and dry for the winter as Robin and I get work done on the house and the garage.

This looks fantastic! Do you work on Jetta TDis as well, I hear there are a few of these in the club!!

Open house? Beers? Need some furniture?

120-M.jpg

Beater

Hard Core 4+
how about this table I have? you want it? it's not fancy, but it's damn sure good enough for a tranny and such!
j

see welding table thread.

chaos

Rising Sun Member
Robbie just did my 1997 80 Rebuild and front/rear axle service. I am working on a right up for it to post but I will tell you that the work was absolutely incredible. But, more importantly, for a newby like me, Robbie explained the pros and cons of everything with the patience of a saint. As dumb as my questions were, Robbie never, ever made me feel like it was a dumb question.

For those people that can't DIY but want it done right. Do what I did. I called Robbie, the next day he called me back. Answered all my questions. I drove up to Boulder so he could check my 80 out for free. Then, he worked on it and delivered it perfectly. You can't get better service than Robbie. His prices are fair and you get to leverage his expertise.

I was thinking about doing the axle work but I just watched Robbie do it and he was a maestro. If you need work done, take it to Robbie. He is worth it!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Always good to hear. I'm 26,000 into my 1993 FZJ80 1FZFE-RR (Robbie Rebuild) and she purrs. Perfection.

Looking for mechanic to bring my FJ-60 back to life...

Greetings,

You have come highly recommended when it comes to working on Cruisers. I'm hoping to chat with you about a possible project that I hope you're interested in undertaking.

I have an '85 FJ-60 that has been waiting patiently for me to have the finances to bring it back to life. I have no clue about what needs to happen in order to get it up and running again (and am overwhelmed on where to start) I know it needs a new battery, but beyond that I could really use some expert advise.

Please let me know if there is any information that I can provide that will help move this process along or if you are up for it possibly a visit to check things over in person (there is a cold one or two waiting for you)

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Mitchell
meversole101@gmail.com

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
you should call him per his first post.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Normally when you go to a garage and hand over money you don't feel real happy about it.

I LOVE ROBBIE ( Adventure Offroad) WORKING on my truck.

Just got back my 40. Took it to him just to have the lockers done and installed along with the brakes and asked him to go through it. His thoroughness and quality of work are second to none. He found a few minor issues that would have turned into major issues later on.

I Love Robbie working on my vehicles because when he is done I am confident in the work and know the vehicle is either in the best shape it can be or he has told me other things that it needs.

Even though the bill is larger than when I started, I feel great that multiple issues were resolved. For example, the PO had cut out a support on the frame to fit the 350 and bigger tranny. This makes the frame susceptible to cracks and breakage due to less support. Robbie built a custom Tranny support/system along with installing a tubular support from 4+ offroad. I never would have thought about the frame being less reliable.

His new shop is large with a lift and room for multiple vehicles.

I recommend Adventure Offroad in Boulder to anyone who needs work done on their vehicle and prefers craftsmanship

Last edited: