8th annual Spooky Night Run - October 24th

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Meet in the parking lot behind the Starbuck's at El Rancho.. that's up the hill a bit from McDonald's & Home Depot behind that car wash near the quicky lube, same side of the street. meet at 16:45, we'll try to be rolling by 5:00...

Bring warm clothes, including decent shoes, gloves, a jacket, and a hat.

-yes your truck can make it.
-yes you can come.
-yes, definitely bring the whole family.

The rest of the details are on a need to know basis, and well frankly, at this point you don't need to know. the is the Spooky Night Run, which is one of our biggest runs of the year, and the only one where you'll be led to the secret trail blind folded... ok not really.

But do start thinking about what you'd you'll contribute to the big potluck dinner, which as you all know has become very legendary in its own right. This year's dinner theme is "luau."

HULA.gif
luau2-1%20copy.jpg
hula_girl.gif

Oh, and new trail this year :eek: :D:D laugh :D:D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
this sounds fun! Jacki and I will have been home for about a month from our hawaii honeymoon, so the luau is perfect! I'll see if we can make it!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Almost impossible to not conflict with something anymore.. sorry Outlaws. But hey if you guys can hit the connection we'll talk to ya!
tinfoilhat4.gif

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
this sounds fun! Jacki and I will have been home for about a month from our hawaii honeymoon, so the luau is perfect! I'll see if we can make it!

Just don't plan on bringing leftovers to the luau
:hill:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
But leave the poi at home!

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
pineappple slices. i can handle those:D

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+

pramjockey

Rising Sun Member
I'm a new guy who's hoping to join Rising Sun. Hopefully it's OK if I attend (and drag the wife along).

I'm a pretty darn good cook, so some guidance in what to bring would be great (if possible) since I've not attended one of these yet.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Welcome! And absolutely come along! What kind of vehicle do you own and drive? Some guys here bring along crockpots for hot stuff, or they have engine manifold cookers for all kinds of things from burritos to hot dogs to chicken! Or there have been grills fired up in years past as well! Not sure if there is usually time for a dutch oven, but maybe!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Welcome! And absolutely come along! What kind of vehicle do you own and drive? Some guys here bring along crockpots for hot stuff, or they have engine manifold cookers for all kinds of things from burritos to hot dogs to chicken! Or there have been grills fired up in years past as well! Not sure if there is usually time for a dutch oven, but maybe!

What matt said, and also, no :beer: on the trail/road. :thumb: club rules.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Almost impossible to not conflict with something anymore.. sorry Outlaws. But hey if you guys can hit the connection we'll talk to ya!
tinfoilhat4.gif

As geeky as that sounds (is), it would be kinda cool. We'll be like 500 miles away near Kaycee Wyoming.

pramjockey

Rising Sun Member

:) Thanks! Driving a 2007 FJ Cruiser. It's mostly stock, but I'm working slowly on getting it ready for the serious stuff - just finished a tranny cooler and scuba mod last weekend.

Bringing up a grill probably makes the most sense. Of course, I haven't fired up the smoker all year, and with the inverter I could probably keep something warm on the way up.

Thanks for the tips!

What matt said, and also, no :beer: on the trail/road. :thumb: club rules.

Oh, never. blows my mind to see people drinking on the trail. My wife would kill me for breaking the FJ, but breaking it becasue I'd been :cheers: ? I'd shudder to think!

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
Is run going to be Stock Land Cruiser Friendly?

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Will bring my family in the 4runner :D

going to try and make it. not sure with who yet. i will have another friend in a FJC with me maybe a third.