• P1110245.jpg
    P1110245.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 290
  • P1110246.jpg
    P1110246.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 312

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Matt Miller sent me a few more this evening, I resized them to post. These are at the bottom of the rock hill. It looks like I'm about to run Matt Lewis down, but he jumped out of the way in time ;-)

Attachments

• MM06.jpg
    MM06.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 262
  • MM07.jpg
    MM07.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 275

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Finally, a shot of the shelf road going back down into G-Town. Don't show this to Linda, she'll never go on this trail. She's afraid of heights!

Attachments

• MM12.jpg
    MM12.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 268

subzali

Hard Core 4+
couple more that I got from my dad...and yes Jeff that is at the turn to go on the bypass to the rock garden. And don't forget the Chili Eater! :D

Attachments

• P1110249.jpg
    P1110249.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 3,359
  • P1110260.jpg
    P1110260.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 259

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Rzeppa said:
And here's another shot of Bill getting tipsy, er, tippy ;-)
Aw, you just posted that so I didn't feel like such a moron for feeling tipsy, er, tippy...

I guess I did have good reason...

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Red_Chili said:
Aw, you just posted that so I didn't feel like such a moron for feeling tipsy, er, tippy...

I guess I did have good reason...
Here's the thing. I was where Oleg was in this photo, at Cruise Moab when someone did about the same thing. I ran like heck away from the down side and around to the above side, then gave instructions on how she should go about getting out of her tripod.

After surveying the situation, my spotting was "put it in reverse while you still have your foot on the brake, then ease off the brake and ease backwards about six inches." She did, the wheel came down and then she was able to to correct her line.

Spotting can be more harzardous than driving. Two thngs come to mind as advice: (1) Stay away from any vehicle that is moving (2) Stay away from the downhill side of any vehicle that is being tippy, whether moving or not.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Boy, no kidding!

FWIW, I went up with Mark Bailey (ScaldedDog, who owns the nice silver 4Runner originally SASed by Scott Wilson, one of the early SASes, and that now sits on Diamond full width axles and 38s) and a friend of his, Ken, in a TJ last Saturday very early. I wasn't gonna do the wall (first obstacle), but before I knew it Ken had led us to its base.

Oh well.

That thing is way different than it used to be, erosion will pretty much slow down now as it is down to rock in lots of places. The line now zags right against the tree stump (you know, where there used to be a tree before some bonehead cut it down a few years ago??? :rant: ). You'd better have some lean tolerance, or very low gears, or both.... I have the latter at least. It wasn't so bad, but Ken in the TJ had some serious spooky bounce and we ended up winching him - I can certainly see why the XJ flopped there. I cut a finger on some of the glass shards from that 4Runner in the Colo4x4 thread- not too bad though.

Mark walked right up it.

The tippy obstacle from Father's Day was now impassible for me. A boulder shifted, that's it.

Good day all in all, finally got moisture happening in the mountains...