• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

60 series brake line upgrade?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Gents, silly 60 series question here. Has anyone brought to market a stainless line that replaces that little steel piece and elbow that's bolted to the dust cover for an FJ60? I was baffled tonight when I went to swap brakes on the 60, and realized I had to disconnect the caliper from a hard line to get the rotor off. Seems really obvious to just replace that stock stuff with a nice braided line so that next time I could just hang the caliper up with a zip tie, as if it were an 80 or 100 series, or shoot 4Runner or Taco for that matter. would be nice if I didn't have to bleed the system every time I want to dive into the front end.

Shirley someone has though of this. :confused:

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
They exist...and don't call me Shirley. I'll look at mine and what I have in the spare parts bin. I feel like I have steel braided lines in there. I'll look when I don't want to fake work.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
They exist...and don't call me Shirley. I'll look at mine and what I have in the spare parts bin. I feel like I have steel braided lines in there. I'll look when I don't want to fake work.
Ok cool, thanks for looking! Figured this existed already... and for the record Toyota Part No.:90942-02053 is the "longer" front wheel stud, for use when one needs to run skinny wheel spacers. Took me a bit to find that number so putting it here, ordered today from Stevinson West!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
My 60 has them on it as well, Ill look through the receipts and see where they came from.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Curious if it bypasses the stuff that's bolted to the dust cover? I just picked up new wheel studs for the front but want to have some other bits lined up before I install them. disconnecting the caliper just to pull the hub seems like a silly waste of time, so only want to do it once more. thanks, guys.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I looked more closely at what I have and the stainless flex line is only the portion from the axle to the dust cover. Looks like a stock hard line from the dust cover to caliper. Mine were from man a fre.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok thanks for looking Martin. I'm after a flexible line from the dust cover to caliper obviously... or from the axle to the caliper, and just skip the dust cover altogether.