• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2023 Trail Hours

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We need to get back to tracking our hours on the trails. Please post up here!

@Hulk can you "pin" this?

Copied from an older post

"This information is valuable not just to us, but to the branches of government that manage our public lands. It shows that we maintain a presence outside of the forum and follow through with our verbal commitment to use, respect, and maintain public access lands. Our hours submitted the COA4WDCi, BLM, and NFS indicate this commitment and our tracks left behind indicate our use and passion- the most important defense to rely on in the event of an attempted trail closure or land seizure. Simply put, our documented use of trails is our best defense for keeping public access to the beauty that Colorado has to offer.

Time spent on the trail DOES include time door-to-door apart from camping and eating inside establishments. This time is recorded as a donation, and your commute to the donation site (trail) is a valid contribution as well. I sincerely wish we could count hours spent sleeping or unconscious because that's what I think most politicians do but I've got other battles to fight. So sleeping doesn't count.

I'd like to request that trail leaders take note of the number of participants and log the hours spent. Please post the following on your trip report thread and/or in this thread:
Date:
Trails:
People:
Hours:

No amount of time is too small- logging every hour helps us, Colorado, and responsible 4WD access across the state.

Thanks for your efforts and Happy Trails!"

84.jpg

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yansing Gulch (aka Chinaman Gulch)
6/4/23
BLM, Salida RD
4 trucks
7 people 1 dog
10 hours x 7 people + 70 hours

Pick up trash and a light bar that @justin4045 cleaned up and got working.

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
6/7/2023
Slaughterhouse Gulch
FSR 101, 105
Pike NF South Platte RD
Trail patrol, trash removal
2 people x 4 hours = 8 hours

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
6/24/2023
Hamlin Gulch FSR 273.1
Yankee Hill Road FSR 175.1
Miners Ridge FSR 175.3C
Miners Gulch FSR 709.1
Cumberland Gulch FSR 271.1
Arapaho NF Clear Creek RD
Trail patrol, trash removal, assistance to navigationally challenged side by side operators 🙄
4 people x 6 hours = 24 hours

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Not reporting Argentine or Kingston work days because those are recorded directly by the NF Rangers.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
6/7/2023
Blow off work and go wheeling day!
Slaughterhouse Gulch
FSR 101, 105
Pike NF South Platte RD
Trail patrol, trash removal
4 people x 6 hours = 24 hours

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
7/1/2023
MSV and Coney flats
Roosevelt NF, Boulder RD
trash pick up
3 trucks
11 people x 8 hours = 88 hours

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Is this for official club events only?

I ask because it’s a matter of policy on family camping/wheeling trips - which are on public land - to pick up trash, talk to folks who go off trail if it’s safe to do so, and help other users. Heck a couple weeks ago we saw a guy in a Chevy Colorado high centered in the snow and grabbed a shovel to help. Turns out he had a 4Runner at home and had heard of Rising Sun - now he wants to come to a meeting.

So if y’all want to log those hours great. If it’s only official club hours that’s fine too.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

I ask because it’s a matter of policy on family camping/wheeling trips - which are on public land - to pick up trash, talk to folks who go off trail if it’s safe to do so, and help other users. Heck a couple weeks ago we saw a guy in a Chevy Colorado high centered in the snow and grabbed a shovel to help. Turns out he had a 4Runner at home and had heard of Rising Sun - now he wants to come to a meeting.

So if y’all want to log those hours great. If it’s only official club hours that’s fine too.

All runs can be reported.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Should be mentioned that it's helpful if you fill out the form to report this information. It makes compiling the information much easier.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Should be mentioned that it's helpful if you fill out the form to report this information. It makes compiling the information much easier.
was going to mention this, but need one for 2023 don't we?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

any time on the trail counts

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The point of this thread is to make reporting more visible, which will remind us that we should be doing it. Any time on any trail counts and is a big help toward maintaining our right to access our public lands. This is not a members only activity, either. You should report whether you are a member or not.

Last year when we went to the log system in the link above, our reported hours dropped dramatically. It was a case of "out of sight, out of mind". We are using this thread to rectify that and get the reporting being done again. You can report in the log as well if you want to, but the intention now is to keep it visible.

Please take a moment to report any and all trail time you have logged in 2023 in this thread. Even if you don't know all the details of what forest road number, ranger district, or even what National Forest you were in you can still post up and we will fill in the blanks. I personally have a Trailsoffroad subscription and I would be happy to look up any details you may need. PM me anytime.

Now go back and re-read the first post in this thread and git 'er done. :)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Whatever’s clever.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Holy cross on 7/16
White River NF
Holy Cross Ranger district.
12 hours 5 on trial
4 trucks
9 people
9x12=108

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I added my sunday outing to the Google doc, but I'll put it here too

Trail: T33
Date: 06AUG2023
Unsure on ranger district
5 hours on trail 7 hours total
3 Trucks
4 people
7×4=28

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
First annual 80s Only Run
Date: August 5 2023
Trails: Red Cone, Webster Pass, Handcart Gulch (tr 565, and 121) Pike Natl Forest
People: 9 trucks, 17 people
Hours: 7 hrs x 17 = 119

Last edited: