• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2022 Trail Hour Log

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
NEW: PLEASE REPORT ALL TRAIL HOURS USING OUR NEW TRAIL MAINTENANCE LOG FORM.

Please don't post up in this thread with hours and details -- it will be much easier for us to report our club service hours if we all use the Google form. Thank you!

Hi all we tracked some of our hours from last year and our hope is that this year we can get more people out and continue to track runs.

Thanks to everyone for reporting what you did.

As we move forward, keep in mind If you are listing a forest service road or a county road that is not a common trail name please list the county, forest, or nearby town. This helps with allocating hours to the correct county or forest.

If you are not sure which county or forest you are in; a nearby landmark, town, or intersection will help.

Finally, please do the math for your hours. Report a total for the event. Not just people trucks hours. Please multiply it out; see below for the format.

FYI: The information tracked here will help all of us to keep access to trails!

Thank you and happy and safe 2022 Trails. (y)

Format:
  1. Date activity was performed
  2. trail/rd name when available
  3. trail/rd number when available (probably always)
  4. ranger district trail/rd was in. (this is the MVUM you likely used)
  5. activity performed. (tell me what you actually did)
  6. people x hrs = total (please do the math for us!)

Last edited by a moderator:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
3/27/2022
Santa Fe Mountain
FSR 773.1 (per the MVUM)
Arapaho NF Clear Creek RD
Trail patrol, trash removal, cleaned up some cardboard board boxes left by BB gun sharpshooters 🙄
Trail largely dry with mud here and there - snow in the shady parts
4 people x 4 hours = 16 hours

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Yankee Hill and associated trail system
Leisurely stroll through the system with two interested parties for the club and one person from a fb group. Friends from out of state as well. Stopped for a long lunch just above the quarry. Clear with minor ice pack on trail sides. Seems to be more technical than I remember. Not much trash but picked up some.
4 trucks
9 people x 9hrs = 81 hrs

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yankee Hill and associated trail system
Leisurely stroll through the system with two interested parties for the club and one person from a fb group. Friends from out of state as well. Stopped for a long lunch just above the quarry. Clear with minor ice pack on trail sides. Seems to be more technical than I remember. Not much trash but picked up some.
4 trucks
9 people x 9hrs = 81 hrs

@On the RX -- would you please fill this out on our new RS Trail Maintenance Form? Thank you so much!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
NEW: PLEASE REPORT ALL TRAIL HOURS USING OUR NEW TRAIL MAINTENANCE LOG FORM.

Please don't post up in this thread with hours and details -- it will be much easier for us to report our club service hours if we all use the Google form. Thank you!

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Done. Do these go somewhere that we can see them?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
It looks like the document is not adding for total number of hours and there is not a separate field in the form for total hours of event. I added mone up in the "number of hours" field and treated it like total number before i looked at the finished log. Hope that doesnt muddy up the hours.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It looks like the document is not adding for total number of hours and there is not a separate field in the form for total hours of event. I added mone up in the "number of hours" field and treated it like total number before i looked at the finished log. Hope that doesnt muddy up the hours.

Dan did the same thing. I'll delete that last column from the sheet.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Dan did the same thing. I'll delete that last column from the sheet.
I guessed that the number of hours meant BEFORE multiplying by number of people. It isn't clear. Did I screw it up? :homer:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I guessed that the number of hours meant BEFORE multiplying by number of people. It isn't clear. Did I screw it up? :homer:

You did it the way I intended. Maybe I can update the form to make this more clear.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Whatever makes it easier to tally at the end of the year. Let me know if I need to change something.

Oneops

Mostly using on x offroad app it shows me all the info needed but the ranger districts aren’t on there. How do you get that info to include it?
Is this log for official members?
I should probably get that done anyway lol slacking

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Mostly using on x offroad app it shows me all the info needed but the ranger districts aren’t on there. How do you get that info to include it?
Is this log for official members?
I should probably get that done anyway lol slacking
I use Trails Offroad. They give all the deets. :)

FireMike

Rising Sun Member

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
i've been very behind on doing this. Hope no others that have been out w/ my have done filled out time. I plan to get this all done asap

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Use this link to log your hours! Makes it easier for our land use coordinator to had off to the BLM and FS.

Thanks all!

:risingsun