2022 Snow and Pizza run

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Matt, I am going to try and post some videos of the Spur trail we did. Your right about the pictures don't do justice on how steep that drop off was.
20220205_150619.jpg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who joined me for the training/refresher session in the morning. Really was my pleasure, we had a super engaged group and I really think folks got a lot out of it, special thanks to @AimCOTaco, @Sean Solo, @PhillyB77 and others for your contributions and comments during the session, also to @T4RWHEELIN for giving me some company on the run. I think we'll make this an annual thing, next year probably more hands on stuff, less talk, etc.

One thing I wanted to share was this doohicky we passed around, anyone remember what it was called?

transit_cluster.jpg

Correct, tie down cluster it is. One of those useful tools to maybe have on hand if you think you'll be in a situation to need to move a vehicle without a recovery point, allows you to dig into a hole in the frame. Just remember to stay safe and out of the danger zones, as aside from being kinda sketchy to begin with, these things tend to have a pretty low load rating.

The one I passed around has a WLL of 5400 pounds, which is probably as good as these get. Still better than a tie rod though in many cases. I don't remember where we got them, someone did a group buy in the club like 20 years ago, before the internet was invented. But I think it's the same as this one:

anyway I promised to follow up with more information so there you go.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Finally got done going through pics. Always a fun outing. Thanks as always Scott for leading and thanks to Ray for letting me ride along!

Full set of pics posted to the blog: www.wanderinthewest.org

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

13.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

27.jpg

30.jpg

:beer::beer:

PhillyB77

Hey I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who joined me for the training/refresher session in the morning. Really was my pleasure, we had a super engaged group and I really think folks got a lot out of it, special thanks to @AimCOTaco, @Sean Solo, @PhillyB77 and others for your contributions and comments during the session, also to @T4RWHEELIN for giving me some company on the run. I think we'll make this an annual thing, next year probably more hands on stuff, less talk, etc.

One thing I wanted to share was this doohicky we passed around, anyone remember what it was called?

View attachment 101910

Correct, tie down cluster it is. One of those useful tools to maybe have on hand if you think you'll be in a situation to need to move a vehicle without a recovery point, allows you to dig into a hole in the frame. Just remember to stay safe and out of the danger zones, as aside from being kinda sketchy to begin with, these things tend to have a pretty low load rating.

The one I passed around has a WLL of 5400 pounds, which is probably as good as these get. Still better than a tie rod though in many cases. I don't remember where we got them, someone did a group buy in the club like 20 years ago, before the internet was invented. But I think it's the same as this one:

anyway I promised to follow up with more information so there you go.

Your brief was outstanding. I promptly ordered nylon straps and extra shackles (with a hitch point connection) for the 4 Runner, and extra for the Tundra. Great times, super informative. Your roof rack is definitely on the list my dude...and a plug in cooler.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
great vid!

RedRunner

Lifted