• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2020 Steamboat Color Cruise

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I mentioned this on the BOWAGW Run and promised I would share the information. Devon Barker from Steamboat Springs is hosting the 2nd annual Steamboat Color Cruise on the last weekend of September.

Details: A gathering and trail ride for Land Cruiser enthusiasts. Based in Steamboat Springs, CO. Meet and greet followed by a 175mi loop through some of Colorado's largest aspen groves. Please register (free) using the ticket button so we know how many camp sites to grab.

Dates: Sept. 26-27, 2020

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/steamboatcolorcuise/

2020 Facebook Event Page (go here to follow the event)
https://www.facebook.com/events/2646702248905044/

Steamboat.png

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I don’t think I can make it this year, but could you share the route details? Would love to do this sometime.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
This is my anniversary weekend, and so long as the Lexus is up to snuff. The wife says we can go.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Never mind. She wants a Hotel and not that much driving. 😕

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I don’t think I can make it this year, but could you share the route details? Would love to do this sometime.

I so want to go on this, but I already committed to a family event that Saturday night. Is most of the driving going to be on Saturday or will it be 50/50 over the two days?

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are interested. We would love to see some steamboat scenery and take some pics

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Is most of the driving going to be on Saturday or will it be 50/50 over the two days?

Guys, you'll need to talk to Devon Barker, not me. You can connect with him on Facebook. He's not on the RS forum.

TancruiserJr

Rock Stacker
Hey everyone! Thanks for your interest in the Steamboat Color Cruise. Huge thank you to @Hulk for putting this event on the forum. I just got back to interwebs after being Wyoming for four days so i'll try and stay on top of questions here on out. Quickly:

@subzali - You're alway welcome next year! Route details can be found on the site here. Or if you are a Gaia user, can be downloaded here. This year's route is really just driven by my love of flyfishing so it's stream and lake heavy. So far so good on closures of this route but with recent fire activity is may have to change last minute.

Never mind. She wants a Hotel and not that much driving. 😕
@ajordan1975 - You sir....were so close.

@gungriffin - Yes the days will be split up pretty much 50/50. But depending where you are coming from, you could easily meet us Sunday near Red Dirt Reservoir.

We are interested. We would love to see some steamboat scenery and take some pics
@DomOfTheDead - More the merrier! Details can be found here (check the FAQ if you want to bring your Taco). The Color Cruise is pretty informal so consider this loop to be an intro to the east side of Steamboat with a dip into southern Routt County. Mellow roads but great scenery and even better fishing.

Happy to answer any questions here, or over on mud also as @TancruiserJr

Cheers,
Devon[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
@Ann and I are interested!

TancruiserJr

Rock Stacker

TancruiserJr

Rock Stacker
Well thanks to the enthusiasm of this crew and i'm sure a dose of cabin fever, we've hit our registration limit on the Color Cruise! Thanks everyone for all of the support. If you are interested in joining us next year, let me know over on the site by signing up for updates. https://steamboatcolorcruise.com

Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Sorry, We're out for this one. I didn't read the fine print, LC only event. Looks like another reason I need to buy an 80 😁.

TancruiserJr

Rock Stacker
Just in case anyone missed the email with the details, here's maps, comms, POIs and some other useful info if you're joining us this Saturday. Stoked to see y'all at the cruise! Details Here.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
We are planning on leaving Broomfield at 0530 on Saturday morning to meet everyone in Steamboat. We'll be on 147.420 for any HAMs attending. We will have two vehicles, The 200 and the 100. @DaughterofMendo is flying in to do this. :)

TancruiserJr

Rock Stacker
Gino went and did some scouting (huge thank you!) and ran into some newly locked gates that i'm trying to get us permission to open. So unless someone has a cool $6.2mil to donate to the cause, i'm heading out tomorrow to remap our route slightly in case we have to make a quick change. This would put us bypassing Kremling in favor of the lake so plan accordingly (fuel up). Will update the Gaia hosted map tomorrow after I get back.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Sorry, We're out for this one. I didn't read the fine print, LC only event. Looks like another reason I need to buy an 80 😁.
Lets look at a day trip to leaf peep closer to home!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Lets look at a day trip to leaf peep closer to home!
My wife would love this, but it seems we should try for something really quick.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
@TancruiserJr and Gino, thank you guys for all of the hard work in planning this!

In regards to the Coal Creek Ranch Developers locking gates, these are still FS roads transiting the area, right? I pulled that component of the route up on Gaia and while I saw the private property designations I would have expected this area to have cattle grates and triple strand, not locked gates due to it being a public roadway.

Are these new gates?

TancruiserJr

Rock Stacker
@TancruiserJr and Gino, thank you guys for all of the hard work in planning this!

In regards to the Coal Creek Ranch Developers locking gates, these are still FS roads transiting the area, right? I pulled that component of the route up on Gaia and while I saw the private property designations I would have expected this area to have cattle grates and triple strand, not locked gates due to it being a public roadway.

Are these new gates?

I went out and took a look today, the gates are large, iron and seem relatively new. I've had multiple issues and run-ins with landowners (mostly positive) in this part of CO around access. When you spend that $6.2mil for privacy I suppose you get serious gates. Regardless i've scouted a new route and it pops us out a little bit further north and closer to the lake (marked in red on the map as a bypass). It does however skip Kremmling, so fuel up (y)