2020 Rally in September? Toyota Trails shows date

Hulk

Cruise Moab Chairman & Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Saw this in Toyota Trails. I am assuming this is wishful thinking and not a real date.

IMG_1460.jpeg

Mendocino

Rising Sun Member
That's news to me.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

3rdGen4R

TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Wishful thinking.... doesn’t look like it’ll be easy to have a event anywhere near here without a lot of hoops.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
September 21-22 is a Monday, and Tuesday (Last year it was 21-22 Saturday, and Sunday). They just posted the wrong year....

Oneops

Wincher
Seeing this in Toyota trails for this year too! Is there a Rally?!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Y’all can feel free to use my time machine if you really want to go back to 2020! Just give me a couple days heads up - I gotta get it warmed up.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Holy Old thread resurrection.

Anyway, the parking lot and perhaps some inside space at 120 Capital Drive Golden, CO 80401 is available for rally use. Plenty of adjacent street parking in the business park. The property was just acquired by https://gofsr.com/ Freespirit Recreation.

Hulk

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Swap meet. Some years we have held the swap meet on Saturday and done a few runs on Sunday.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
As I posted in the Sunday wheeling thread, historically I lead Bill Moore the Sunday after the Rally, the last weekend of August. I think pandemic-wise, there's no reason we can't have our annual Rally. I think we just need someone to step up and organize it. When I used to organize the Rally, I found it to be about 1/10 the time and effort as organizing Cruise Moab, not a huge job at all.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
A Rally sounds good I think the last one in the parking lot was great and good turn out. Depending when it is cause I'm traveling Sep Oct some. I'd try to help with org if I'm around then. My 2 pennies... Thanx

Oneops

Wincher
So ahhhh yeah… I’m in town scrambling to finish a drain, concrete work and then crushed concrete driveway deal along with some vehicles winter prep so I couldn’t organize much but willing to help were I can. Or we going 2022 for this good time?

Hulk

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
In lieu of the Rally this year, we are planning to do a swap meet at the next Rising Sun club meeting on Wed. Oct. 6, 2021. We're planning to start early to maximize daylight. Details will be published here on the forum soon!