2016 LX570 Rough Shift

lxkup

I've had my 2016 LX570 for about a year now and am experiencing a rough shift between 2nd and 3rd gear. I see many on ih8mud having the same issue and recommend getting the following done: L-SB-0118-17 ECM Calibration: Transmission Software Enhancements.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go to get this flash done and if it can only be done at Toy/Lex dealerships?
Thanks!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
FWIW L-SB-0118-17 looks to have been superseeded to L-SB-001-18.

Be that as it may with Techstream and a TIS subscription to get the new file to flash it could be done by anyone. To gain access to the firmware you have to have a Professional level subscription.

A 2-day pro subscripion is $70 but if you don't already have Techstream and an interface then you'll have to spend time and money to get that up and running. The official Lite kit Toyota sells is about $1545. If I was flashing ECUs I'd really urge buying what Toyota says to use over trying other interfaces and sketchy sourced software.

If you don't intend to use it much it would be cheaper (and probably safer) to take it to a shop. It doesn't have to be a dealer necessarily, but a shop who does TIS on Toyota/Lexus. I'd personally take it to a dealer for a TSB.

Last edited:

lxkup

I appreciate the info! I'm sure techstream would be a beneficial long term purchase but I don't see using it much in the near future.

I'll see if Stevinson Lexus Lakewood would be able to run this TSB for me. I do know they quoted $200.00 just to 'look' at it.