2009 Ham Radio Class

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Wow, just got home for our final session where 20 new amateur radio operators successfully got their ticket. A very big thanks to Nathaniel and Dave for their efforts in teaching and helping everyone to prepare. A big congratulations to all who successfully prepared themselves for success. :thumb:

Keep an eye on the license database later next week to see when your call sign has been assigned.

Your VE Team is looking forward to hearing you all on the air. :cheers:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
thanks for putting it on!! Allison and I are super excited to get into the world of amature radio!!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Great, one more antenna to have to explain on my truck.... But a serous thanks to Nathaniel and Ricardo (and Matt who made a cameo tonight)

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Congratulations to all 20 who took the test and passed!:D I think this is really great that EVERYONE who took the test passed. There were about four perfect scores. Great job everyone.:)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Thanks to the VE Team, Congrats to EVERYONE!!

A big, THANK YOU to Matt, Jeff, Ricardo and Dave(Big D, little a-v-e) for their extremely good-natured help in accomplishing this feat. :thumb:

Ricardo, thank you for being there at all the classes, your presence made things easier.

Dave, thank you for doing a great job on quickly going through the electronic theory, I believe it helped more than we think.

Jeff and Matt, you guys were awesome in your attitude toward all of the test candidates.

I want to send out a big QST to all of our newly licensed, as well as any alumni of the RS HAM class, hope to hear each and every one of you on the air!!

'73. :cheers:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Woohoo! I'm a HAM! :clap:

Thanks to all the VE's and everyone who helped out with the class. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to hooking up my radio and getting on the air.

:beer: :thumb:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Thank you for putting on the class! :cheers:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I was impressed with the size of the class! Twenty people testing for their Technician's license! And all of you passed!!

Nathaniel, Ricardo and Dave -- you guys rock!

I was proud to be a VE for the event. Plus, I got to rag chew both before and after the event. :)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Looking forward to talking to all of you on the trail, nice job everyone!

:yagi:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Thanks a bunch!!

Thanks to all the volunteers for a job obviously well done!:cheers:

I enjoyed the class a bunch, and am thrilled to have passed the test.

Most of all, thanks for allowing a group of non-members to participate, something you all obviously didn't have to do, very cool!!

Mike Simpson

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
congrats all!:thumb:

wesintl

RS Moderator
wow, 20 people... that's awesome!

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for putting on this class. It's nice to have an excuse to see some of you every now and then. I can't believe I'm a HAM nerd.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for putting on this class. It's nice to have an excuse to see some of you every now and then. I can't believe I'm a HAM nerd.

I thought I recognized you

Attachments

• nerd.jpg
    nerd.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 224

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Went down to the Ham Radio Outlet and Killham bought the VX8R HT. Got to have lots of smarts to use that one...great shop and they are well aware of Rising Sun, even gave John grief for driving a Jeep. :D

http://www.hamradio.com/

800-444-9476 303-745-7373 24 HOUR FAX 303-745-7394 denver@hamradio.com
8400 E. Iliff Ave #9, Denver CO 80231

N 39° 40.476 W 104° 53.444 DM79nq

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Congrats everyone :thumb:

Excellent job obviously to those that put on and helped with the class!! You guys ROCK

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
On the database search, If you put in a call sign and there are no matches, does this mean it's available as a "vanity" sign?

Yes and No. It is a good way to confirm that a call sign is not currently assigned. There are a bunch of rules regarding what vanity call sign you can request - it is a bit detailed - but check this page out. :thumb: