• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

2008 Snow and Pizza Run.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
:bill:

Did my eyes deceive me, or were the mini trucks and runners outnumbering the 80's? :D

Looked like fun, sorry to have missed it, but the new house is eating up weekends temporarily.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
AWESOME time guys! Am I loving beadlocks or WHAT?!?? 6psi rocks! :thumb:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
:bill:

Did my eyes deceive me, or were the mini trucks and runners outnumbering the 80's? :D

Looked like fun, sorry to have missed it, but the new house is eating up weekends temporarily.

Nice observation. Now that you mention it, there was only one Land Cruiser. Many of us were not paying attention and calling Jeff's Lexus an 80. Marco had a 62. Everyone else had Runners, taco's or mini's.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Kinda funny, but I only took pictures at the parking lot, and then when Eric and the snow cat showed up.

Not so vain self-portrait...
IMG_0019.jpg

The 'cat

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

And the 'cat caravan

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Wheelin in the snow with one of them new-fangled electronic trucks (I unplugged my ABS/TRAC wires so I could really get the RPM's up, and generated about 6 extra dummy lights.) :)
IMG_0024.jpg

rover67

Rising Sun Member
yeah, the cruiser was kinda lonley all alone! especially when we had to leave it in the turn off!! maybe next time i'll be able to hang with the big boys.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

Nice observation. Now that you mention it, there was only one Land Cruiser. Many of us were not paying attention and calling Jeff's Lexus an 80. Marco had a 62. Everyone else had Runners, taco's or mini's.

Technically there were three...

Rover left his at the parking lot, Farnham had his 100, and then me in the LX. Farnham and Brent turned around early when they found out that Vail Pass was already closed East bound figuring they better try to get back before they closed it West bound as well. Jacket (and maybe others at the rear) followed them out with the snowcat. Considering how long it was taking to get the whale out I don't blame them for heading back. I felt bad for slowing things up so badly but not much I could do at that point :eek:

I was wondering if a 40 would "float" better than an 80 just given the weight difference. Maybe next year I'll try the 40 :thumb:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Jeff- What does "damien" mean? Clueless here

What UB said :)

The dang winch was possessed. The second we hit the line in or line out control the winch would start winding in the rope and it would NOT shut off until power was completely disconnected. Add to that the fact that after the first use that morning my rope pulled out of the connector on the drum and it was over. I went from being helpful and somewhat self supporting to a liability in short order :(

Time for a rebuild I guess :rolleyes:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Don't know if that will work because I don't trust either one of those guys with the finders fee! Guess we better get together for the exchange! :beer2: Thank you sir! :thumb::thumb: :bowdown: :corsair23:

Whatever works for you just let me know :thumb: - I can even hold on to it till the March meeting if you don't have a need for it between then and now.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Great pics everybody...Yoder I'm also wondering if we might want to consider other locations for the S/P run just in case we keep getting this deep snow like the last two winters...something to think/talk/explore about.

I had the tan 85 mini truck. Thanks to everyone who helped winch me out. It was great meeting all of you and four wheeling with you. What little four wheeling we did. I will definitely be installing some bumpers and tow hooks

corsair23
Great video, Could you please email those two videos to me at elliottengr@gmail.com. Unless there is a way I can download them off of photobucket.

The snow was deep, the weather was OK, the people and food were GREAT!

Thanks
John

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
corsair23
Great video, Could you please email those two videos to me at elliottengr@gmail.com. Unless there is a way I can download them off of photobucket.

John,

I'll figure out a way to get them to you :thumb: - I just wish I had gotten your first run on video. That was awesome :hill:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Great pics everybody...Yoder I'm also wondering if we might want to consider other locations for the S/P run just in case we keep getting this deep snow like the last two winters...something to think/talk/explore about.

I'm open to ideas. The lack of shelf roads in Yankee Hill sets it apart from most.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Yeah I've been thinking about a couple different areas...wanted to check them out this winter still, maybe we can set up some small scouting runs once my truck is back together.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Scott,

Thanks again for putting this together, we both had a blast. You and Jeff did a great job describing the trip, I forwarded to my friend who could not go and he was bummed. I wish I would have taken more pictures but I was either digging, pulling or strapping up a truck. This was a great teaching tool for anybody who had any fears using a winch.

Seems that my 4Runner lost about 3" of height in the rear. I guess all that winching of the rear or front and rear was a little much for my little springs. Besides that I had no damage and found all my tools/straps. So when are we going next????

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Personally I'm done with snow runs till spring (if that). The snow is no fun anymore. Chinamans in the spring is usually good.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Personally I'm done with snow runs till spring (if that). The snow is no fun anymore. Chinamans in the spring is usually good.

Then Chinamans it is, can we do it on a Saturday???? :thumb:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Just got a few pics and a bunch of video from my buddy that went on the Snow and Pizza '08 run with me...Enjoy

What a whale looks like stuck in the snow...:hill:
PIC_0282.jpg

Deep goo...
PIC_0284.jpg

Yoder's hole...I'm standing in the hole Yoder dug with his rear wheel :thumb:
PIC_0291.jpg

VIDEOS - commentary at no extra charge :hill:

A few of the butterfly (Red Chili)...

Not locked vs. locked demonstration :doh:

Butterfly vs. Whale... - unfortunately my buddy didn't get the other attempts where we are pretty sure Bill's front wheels left the ground :eek:

Tug of War...

Blasting up the hill... - guess my copilot was happy he wouldn't have to get out and dig anymore :lmao:

:cheers: