2002 - J100 Land Cruiser - Evergreen - 110K miles

snakedog21

Brand New
The cleanest Land Cruiser in the west. I've owned this LC for three years. My wife used it as her daily driver.

20190623_144039.jpg

$19,500

It is stock, super clean, everything (important) works. Ready for you to take down to Slee in Golden and customize to your heart's content. Title in hand.

Many pics and carfax here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cys08zputijc2vd/AACqnm4Bds8xcHruw-uB95Lfa?dl=0

Also posted on CL and ih8mud

Good:
Low miles
Serviced by Greg at the Toy Shop in Denver
Weathertech mats

Less good:
Some chipping on the passenger side trim (pic on dropbox)
Some pitting on one of the wheels (pic also on dropbox)
Nav is not working - seems to be a known issue about the DVD players the nav system uses. I did not try to fix because we just use our phones.
CD changer is missing the magazine - we used a tape adapter to plug in our phones, so another issue I did not address.

Text messages preferred. Seven Two Zero 839 4353

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
o_O

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
The cleanest Land Cruiser in the west. I've owned this LC for three years. My wife used it as her daily driver.

View attachment 80107

$19,500

It is stock, super clean, everything (important) works. Ready for you to take down to Slee in Golden and customize to your heart's content. Title in hand.

Many pics and carfax here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cys08zputijc2vd/AACqnm4Bds8xcHruw-uB95Lfa?dl=0

Also posted on CL and ih8mud

Good:
Low miles
Serviced by Greg at the Toy Shop in Denver
Weathertech mats

Less good:
Some chipping on the passenger side trim (pic on dropbox)
Some pitting on one of the wheels (pic also on dropbox)
Nav is not working - seems to be a known issue about the DVD players the nav system uses. I did not try to fix because we just use our phones.
CD changer is missing the magazine - we used a tape adapter to plug in our phones, so another issue I did not address.

Text messages preferred. Seven Two Zero 839 4353

Seems we have a few people registering here only to try to sell their trucks. That's fine, but this is MASSIVELY overpriced - blue book is $8-11k. No offense, but you won't get any takers here. Also no mention of timing belt/water pump service, broken nav, history of living in areas known for rust for at least 15 years, the appearance of a huge amount of mud/dirt under the hood that was hastily cleaned, and various dings in the paint. Most definitely not "the cleanest in the West".

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Seems we have a few people registering here only to try to sell their trucks. That's fine, but this is MASSIVELY overpriced - blue book is $8-11k. No offense, but you won't get any takers here. Also no mention of timing belt/water pump service, broken nav, history of living in areas known for rust for at least 15 years, the appearance of a huge amount of mud/dirt under the hood that was hastily cleaned, and various dings in the paint. Most definitely not "the cleanest in the West".

Dude, less than 150k miles = $10k pricing premium. Duh.

:LOL:

snakedog21

Brand New

Fair points, MTSN. I am a n00b here. I posted here because I thought you guys would be interested. If not interested at this price, no problem.

I have not seen other unmodified, low-miles examples like this. I certainly did clean up the truck and wipe down the engine cover prior to taking photos, but I would think that is expected. I haven't done the timing belt b/c I defer to Greg at the Toy Shop about all regular maintenance issues and he has not recommended it yet.

If anyone is interested, I recommend seeing it in person and driving it. It really is a clean truck. Highway queen while I've owned it.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@snakedog21, I totally get where you're coming from, and by all means you're allowed to ask whatever price you like for your truck. It just so happens that we're all very obsessed with these vehicles, and as a result, we see a number of "for sale" advertisements that just make no sense to us from a pricing perspective.

Right off the bat, the timing belt and water pump on your truck need to be replaced - it's recommended that this be done every 100k miles, so you're technically 10k overdue. That's a pricey repair. Also, stating that your truck is the "cleanest in the West" while there are some pretty obvious chips in the paint is absolutely going to incur some criticism. While a non-working nav system may be common among this model LC and isn't a big issue for you, it's still going to be an issue for anyone who buys it, because the nav system alone really limits aftermarket radio/nav options.

Regardless, I wish you luck with the sale - it is a sweet rig, but I think you're just asking way too much on the price. That said, if you get what you're asking for it, that's awesome - it just adds value to my 100-series Cruiser. :)

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I have a hard time believing that a shop would tell you not to replace the timing belt at the Toyota recommended mileage interval. This is a ~18 year old truck.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Toyota says to change it every 90k or every 6 years. The truck is 17 years with 110k miles, so that is a massive gamble to not replace. If a mechanic says not to worry, you need to find a new mechanic. Believe it or not, the vast majority of Land Cruisers are unmodified, and most 100s and 200s are pretty well maintained by the book.

I did a quick search on my phone and found an 01 from NY (same place this one is from) with 86k miles, one owner, clean Carfax $13.9k, and it's been for sale for 3 weeks already.

https://www.rocklandmotorsny.com/2001-Toyota-LandCruiser/Used-SUV/WestNyack-NY/12869514/Details.aspx

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Yeah dude, you're the second guy in a month to list a 100 series at a ridiculous price on here. I'm starting to see why other forums require XX number of posts before they allow you to post something in the for sale section.

Forums like this one and any other vehicle specific forum doesn't mean it's full of people chomping at the bit to jump on the bandwagon of an associated fad that's happening. It's actually the opposite and full of people who are typically a lot more educated on those associated vehicles and know what they're worth.

I'm all for free enterprise and I wish you the best of luck with the sale. Whoever does pay what you're asking, can you send them my way? I have some moon rock I'd like to sell them and will probably have good luck in doing so.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Yeah dude, you're the second guy in a month to list a 100 series at a ridiculous price on here. I'm starting to see why other forums require XX number of posts before they allow you to post something in the for sale section.

Forums like this one and any other vehicle specific forum doesn't mean it's full of people chomping at the bit to jump on the bandwagon of an associated fad that's happening. It's actually the opposite and full of people who are typically a lot more educated on those associated vehicles and know what they're worth.

I'm all for free enterprise and I wish you the best of luck with the sale. Whoever does pay what you're asking, can you send them my way? I have some moon rock I'd like to sell them and will probably have good luck in doing so.

Tell me more about this moon rock... :ROFLMAO:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
LOL. $19.5K. I paid $20K for a 97K miles 2003 that everything worked on, had the timing belt done, was a one owner AZ car in 2010!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I'll vouch for Greg at the Toy Shop. I'm sure he'd be willing to talk to any potential purchaser.

Based on my November 2018 purchase of a 123,000 2006, this is what the high end a broker would have listed it at for a 2006. But I also know my PO overpaid, buying it from a dealer in 2014 at 87,555 for $29,000. I found values for my 2006 from $9,500 to $19,500, and I did a LOT of research. Generally people thought $14-16 would be a fair range depending on condition.

If you find a happy buyer, so be it.

krice118

Trail Ready
@snakedog21 it kinda feels like you're trying to take advantage here... with an average truck. This is not the crowd for top dollar overpriced cars. This crowd will definitely pay a FAIR price for a nice vehicle.

Here's another reference point also just bought a super clean LX470 with 127,000 miles for $13,500 from a dealer this week.

FWIW I bought a clean 98 with 69,000 for $14k 4 years ago.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I would also like to hear more about this moon rock! I am an educated geologist and am always looking to add to my collection!

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
To be fair, to those who bought a more than a year ago, values on lower mileage vehicles have been going up. They need to be fully sorted out to obtain the best prices.

white wings

Hard Core 4+
Just saying but the market at that price is typically for a well modified, capable rigs and possibly those kisses by Christo.

snakedog21

Brand New
Gents -

First, I must praise your FAQ which invites new members to post, but warns that they will have to defend their post and price. How true!

I know this price is high, not trying to offend you guys or take advantage of anyone. I'm just not in a big hurry to sell it and wanted to see what I might get for a low miles rig like this. I actually found it hard to figure out a price and appreciate the insight from @Inukshuk on that. If I end up in that range after giving it a shot (accounting for the fact that mine is 4 years older) so be it. I can always reduce the price, much harder to increase it.

Just so you know, my first offer on the craigslist ad was: "$7K and a glock. It's my brother's glock, but he knows I need a truck so he said I can trade it." So, my sale is going AWESOME so far.

Perhaps I should have saved my introduction to Rising Sun for when (and if) I lower the price, but I hope you guys can forgive. I know you all are sophisticated, but for the record my thinking was that someone here might want a blank canvas that had not been modified (or kissed by Christo) yet so they could make the choices for themselves. Relatively low-miles unmodified examples are getting rare. And for someone so inclined I did not expect the price to scare them off. It's just a number.

So, if that hypothetical person is out there - shoot me a text and come see the truck!

Case

mosdefjeff

Trail Ready
I don't think anyone is offended by your pricing. It's likely rooted in the market being overrun by trucks that have ridiculously high prices.

It's getting stupid.

Either way, good luck with the sale. I sold my 06 LX for 16.5k and it had a bad paint job. It can happen, but generally not with a group of people who scrutinize like we're likely to.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
@snakedog21 I'm not offended. I just think you are pitching to a tough crowd.:beer::cheers: