Found 200 series Land Cruiser

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
This is a good comparison of what I am seeing. Both vehicles have 99k miles on them, and I think the 15 is the one @Romer mentions. For the difference of 6k it appears that it's worth it to step up and go for the 16. We are leaning towards holding out for something with fewer miles in a 16 that makes the cost difference a little more enticing.

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
This one has high miles, but it looks like a solid deal and shouldn't have any rust being from Texas and Colorado. After having 200s with under 40k and over 190k miles, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one with higher miles as long as the maintenance history is there. We have a 2008 with 197k miles on it right now that drives like a new one!

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser - AutoTrader
I haven't driven a "new" one, but I can confirm that my 08 that I got at 202,XXX was the nicest vehicle I'd ever driven! It's now at 207,600 and feels the exact same.

Jcbmx

Trail Ready

Last edited:

Docwyte

Wincher
I drove a '14 and decided I wanted the newer 200 for the bigger brakes, LED head/tail lights and the updated interior. The interior is much more modern in the 16+, so if you can swing it I think it's the way to go

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I drove a '14 and decided I wanted the newer 200 for the bigger brakes, LED head/tail lights and the updated interior. The interior is much more modern in the 16+, so if you can swing it I think it's the way to go
I knew about the trans, interior and visual updates but didn’t know about the bigger brakes too.

We have definitely determined that we want a 16+ now and are keeping and eye out for the right one for us.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+

FZJ Dave

Mostly built? What else can you put on that thing?! 😂
Not sure as I haven't found a spec sheet on it anywhere. Do y'all have the details on it?

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Not sure as I haven't found a spec sheet on it anywhere. Do y'all have the details on it?

No spec sheet but looking at pics it has a lift, bumpers, sliders, skids, lights, rack, awning, wheels/tires, dual batteries, drawers, supercharger, ARB dual compressor, rear locker…I mean there isn’t really anything left to add to it. That said, I personally don’t care for a supercharger on a 200 after watching a lot of people try them over the years on Mud with very mixed results. But this build with these miles is an absolute steal - like the best deal I’ve seen on a 200 in years - if it is actually dialed in and doesn’t have any weird issues.

FZJ Dave

No spec sheet but looking at pics it has a lift, bumpers, sliders, skids, lights, rack, awning, wheels/tires, dual batteries, drawers, supercharger, ARB dual compressor, rear locker…I mean there isn’t really anything left to add to it. That said, I personally don’t care for a supercharger on a 200 after watching a lot of people try them over the years on Mud with very mixed results. But this build with these miles is an absolute steal - like the best deal I’ve seen on a 200 in years - if it is actually dialed in and doesn’t have any weird issues.
Agreed which is why I was wondering if anyone knows the full details. Looks amazing per the pics. If it was in Utah, I would be looking at it today.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Agreed which is why I was wondering if anyone knows the full details. Looks amazing per the pics. If it was in Utah, I would be looking at it today.
I thought about calling Slee with the VIN to see if they did the work.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Found one, Thanks all!

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Pics and details!
See the build thread here!