2 liter plastic soda bottles (pop for you northerners)

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'm in need of a half dozen 1 liter plastic bottles. Anyone on the south side have some or can save up for me?

I'm a home brewer that hasn't brewed in a while plus I can't drink that much beer these days to make 2 cases a month. Besides there is some damn good beer out here. So I thought I'd give my hand at root beer or ginger ale. The most preferred way of bottling is in plastic bottles so you can tell how far along the yeast is and slow it down to a stop by refrigerating it. If not you have bombs on hand in if in bottles you have glass bombs. :blah:

First batch will be spicy ginger ale.

Last edited:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I've got some 1 liter plastic bottles you can have if they would be useable to you...Have at least 2, maybe more.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Thanks, a few one liters can work too but I need 2 liters for the most part.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'll save them for you just in case...

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Wes - we'll start saving 2 liter bottles for you - plus, if you decide to brew beer again, we'll help you with the 'can't drink 2 cases a month' dilemna....
Maxs dad.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I have 1 gallon platsic jugs from Green Tee if that will help. I can start saving them for you. Let me know. Tomorrows trash/recycle day.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Romer said:
I have 1 gallon platsic jugs from Green Tee if that will help. I can start saving them for you. Let me know. Tomorrows trash/recycle day.

It also needs to have a fairly secure screw on top like a 2 liter bottle. IE. a regular milk jug won't work. Also another reason I'd like to use 2 liter bottles is that when you pour the nectar in the bottle it's soft. As the yeast works it's magic it gets stiff. Then, once it's as stiff as a regular new soda bottle you know it's time to put it in the fridge with stops the yeast conversion. At least this is how it works for a root beer/ginger ale noob like myself.

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I've got one that'll be empty by Tuesday.:)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Wes, I've got many cases of bombers if you'd like to borrow some. I know you said plastic, but.. I don't drink pop :).