Sold 1997 LHD HDJ80 diesel 5-speed

gilmorneau

Rock Stacker
In case anyone here is interested, I just posted this car on IH8MUD.

1997 Left Hand Drive HDJ80 from Europe. I bought this in France from the original owner. Currently shows about 313,000km’s (195,000 miles)

Color is Moonglow Pearl /Gray metallic, code 1A6

1HD-FT 24-valve diesel motor

H151 5-speed transmission

Full-time 4WD

Differential locks front, rear, and center

Air conditioning

Extra fuel tank (it’s a Toyota sub-tank and parts, but it’s a retrofit by the PO, i.e. not original to this car)

Power windows

Power mirrors

Rear defroster

Rear wiper

Rear heat

Manually adjusted cloth seats (seats have been recovered. Nice, but not OEM)

Looks like it probably had 3rd row seats when new, but I didn’t get them so they’re not included

Air bags

No ABS

No sunroof or roof rack

No flares (came from the factory that way)

Comes with original owner’s manual (in French)

Tool kit, but no jack

The EGR system on the motor has been disabled by the PO. Comes with all removed parts.

Motor otherwise unmodified from original

2 new batteries (maybe 4 months old at this point)

Timing belt replaced about 36,000km’s ago (Toyota recommend 100k intervals, so a ways to go)

Comes with all 5 original steel wheels—plus 4x new Cooper 235/85R16 and 1x zero miles Pirelli spare

Car shows normal signs of wear for being 25 years old—some paint fade, some clear coat flaking, a couple of minor dings and scrapes here and there, but overall very presentable.

Not rusty. Some normal surface corrosion on chassis components, but the body is solid.

Has OME 2” lift and OME Nitro shocks

Snorkel

I’ve been driving this one more or less daily since I got it. I’ve put maybe 2k miles on it with no problems whatsoever. Drove it home to Colorado after picking it up at the port in California. It’s 25 year old car, but for what it’s worth, I’d get in it today and drive it anywhere in the US.

I bought this with the intention of swapping the sub-tank setup into my other HDJ80, but I’ve been way too busy to do it, so I’ll just sell this one with the sub-tank included and find another one when I have more time.

I only have a couple photos of it for the time being, but I can get more.

Clean CO title in my name.

Asking $36,000. PM if interested.

IMG_9756.JPG
IMG_9757.JPG
IMG_9723.JPG
IMG_9726.JPG
IMG_9729.JPG

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Wow! Really cool truck! I’d buy it but it’s LHD! 😁

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Great looking truck but that radiator is a ticking timebomb!

Dangler

Wincher
How is she on the highway?

gilmorneau

Rock Stacker
Great looking truck but that radiator is a ticking timebomb!
Time bomb might be a little over dramatic, but yes, the car is old, so is the radiator (probably original). But it seems well maintained, there’s no sign of leaks or corrosion and it keeps the motor cool.
How is she on the highway?
Good. About 2600 rpm at 70mph so kinda effortlessly loafing. My only complaint is that I think the PO added the lift without addressing the caster so the steering can feel a little vague. Easy fix. Doesn’t bother me too much, but my wife doesn’t like it.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Time bomb might be a little over dramatic, but yes, the car is old, so is the radiator (probably original). But it seems well maintained, there’s no sign of leaks or corrosion and it keeps the motor cool.
Not at all. It's brown. It's supposed to be black. Usually when they turn that color you're on borrowed time.

Just a warning.