For Sale 1970 FJ40

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Hard decision to sell the FJ40 but its time to downsize. I bought this rig exactly one year ago in Guffey from a guy that purchased it from the original owner one year earlier with plans to restore it. He did nothing to it except install new tires. The engine was seized and the title was lost. I spent all of the warm months in 2021 working on getting it back on the road. Current legal registration is from Vermont. Easy to register in CO with VIN verification.

A few things I did last summer:
  • Replacement engine from @justin4045. Resealed the entire engine before install. No leaks!
  • New Aisin clutch
  • New radiator
  • F/R brake shoes, turned drums, brake lines, and master cylinder. Brakes need to be pumped up if it sits for awhile
  • OEM brake lights, side marker lights, front and rear bumpers, side steps, and side mirrors
  • Hub/Birf seals/bearings and tie rods - all Japanese parts
  • Original fuel tank boiled and reinstalled with new sending unit and pump
  • Painted most of the frame last year with chassis paint.
  • Disassembled and rebuilt original carb.
  • Other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

Things I planned to do:
  • New windshield
  • Replace rear hatch due to dent at the handle location - I have the parts
  • AAL in the original springs and new shocks
  • Finish painting the frame
  • New weatherstripping
  • Fine tune the engine - it starts right up and drives down the road but there needs to be some carb fine tuning.
  • Headlights currently don't work. I haven't had a chance to track down the reason. Maybe it's just the headlights themselves.
  • New exhaust

There is certainly rust in the tub but all fixable with weld in steel panels. Sale includes an 4-speed, split t-case, extra 3-speed, and a bunch of other small stuff. The vacuum actuated 4wd system works! I just pulled it out of the garage and drove it around the block. Dang near decided to keep it after the spin! I'm asking $15k but not totally set on that price for a RS member. Thanks!

IMG_2755.jpgIMG_2756.jpgIMG_2759.jpgIMG_2762.jpgIMG_2765.jpgIMG_2772.jpgIMG_2774.jpgIMG_2757.jpg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Wow, that's in pretty nice shape, should go quick! The floor shifter obviously isn't stock, but it looks like most everything else is. GLWS!

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
NOOOO!!!!! Sell the minitruck...
It's a cool cruiser for sure, new owner will be a happy camper!
GLWS

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the comments. I really don't want to let this one go but I picked up nakman's 60 a while back and I'm just running out of room. Wish I could keep them all!

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Saw this in person and it great! Someone is going to get a great truck.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
So I've been driving this thing around Monument since pulling it out from winter hibernation and it puts a smile on my face every time. Decided to keep it. Since I need to sell a rig, my sister is going to buy my 82 Pickup (keep it in the family). Of course that means I need to get a bunch of stuff done to the 82 before taking to Kansas. Here I thought I wasn't going to work on cars all summer....
FJ40, 05.30.22.jpg