100 rear bumper

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
So I got my rig back from Oleg. He is a good man. I told him I'd like similar to Rachel's. Center the spare, beef up the reciever so I can flat tow a 40, and chop the rear crossmember to gain even more clearance. This is what they came up with.:bowdown:

Attachments

• rear-bumper-rear.gif
    rear-bumper-rear.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 238
  • rear-bumper-side..gif
    rear-bumper-side..gif
    16 KB · Views: 224

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
It might be time to mod that crazy resonator thing. That turned out really nice!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Looking good there Farnham:thumb: , looks like your ready for the "Outlaws Run" this year:D .

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
sorry Perry don't think I'm making outlaws this year. Wife says I'm allowed but I have to bring both kids. One I could handle, two, not a chance on my own. Anyone want to help me look after two kids? Ages 11months and 27 months. Not pottty trained.

I'll be in Moab Oct 27-Nov 5. I've got a permit to do White Rim 30th and 31st. Holloween on the White Rim, We've already got costumes for the kids.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Great looking bumper! So chopping the rear crossmember: your idea or Oleg's?

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Idea was from TrailLex article a while back. Oleg tried to dissuade me really. But I wanted the extra clearance. He thought I'd loose some resale, and is probably right. I'm very pleased. All the other 100 bumpers just stuck out so far. The hitch is important to me for towing and bike rack. Most of the receiver hitches looked like a pain to get the pin in. Choping the cross member ment plenty of room to bolt bike rack into the receiver. And if your gonna cut it why not cut it short. Having a step there was not important to me as I never load the roof from the rear. Have side load Thule box for roof.