• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

you're invited

wes,red cruiser and myself may end up doing a mild trail saturday late afternoon.just west of castle rock.

if any would like to go,we will be at my house in castle rock saturday working on we's rig for sliders.

if your interested,try me on my cell 720-837-6623

be safe!
jim

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
hey jim, me and my dad would love to go on this. except one problem. we need a steering stabilizer. does anyone have one that we could borrow? we have one coming in the mail. just need one for tomorow?

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Wondering how it went - wish I could have stayed but had a great time with my kids and grandsons 2nd birthday.

Birthday Tip: Give grandkids water guns so everyone can have a water fight :D

Rob & Max - Did you get some dirt on that 40?

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
It was a fun little run. Dakan Rd, fs 563 with a 503 loop?. It needs our help badly picking up trash :(

12 am before I pulled into the garage. There was a life flight chopper that we had to wait for to clear the trail. That held us up for a little but otherwise it was an enjoyable outing.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Did you do Hidden Valley with the creek crossing kinda on the north side? That's where I tested my Lockright, good little whoops...

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Hey Chris, nice to meet you - don't worry, truck and riders got plenty dirty.
For us - after a year of putting the truck together - it was the first time out on a run with the 40, so it was pretty darn cool.
Truck held up well - lost only a couple of bolts. Spent all day today tightening everything back up.
Thanks Jim for setting it up.
Nice to meet Angelo and his sister too.

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Glad you all had fun, next time I hope to be able to join you. Heard about the life flight on the news I think - sad stuff.

Wes, I agree the area is a mess from when I was there a week ago, maybe we should plan an early day soon and combine it with some serious clean up.

Max & Rob, glad the first trip went well, very nice 40. It was nice to see it after hearing about it for so long.

Last edited:
74fj40 said:
Hey Chris, nice to meet you - don't worry, truck and riders got plenty dirty.
For us - after a year of putting the truck together - it was the first time out on a run with the 40, so it was pretty darn cool.
Truck held up well - lost only a couple of bolts. Spent all day today tightening everything back up.
Thanks Jim for setting it up.
Nice to meet Angelo and his sister too.

hey max, you should ask angelo's sister to ride with you next time.

she's a little cutie....;)

gonna post a trail run/clean up for this coming weekend, took the family up yesterday.
alot of the camping site were cleaned up real well,one was trashed to unbelief.
beer cans all up and down the trail.

wes give me a call or pm me...

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
74fj40 said:

So was that the creaking? What bolts did you lose and have to tigheten?

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Lost a castle nut from one of the rear shocks and a couple others had loosened - I'm thinking that's what most of the noise was. The rear drive shaft bolts were really loose, as well as the rear of the roll cage....
wesintl said:
So was that the creaking? What bolts did you lose and have to tigheten?

subzali said:
Did you do Hidden Valley with the creek crossing kinda on the north side? That's where I tested my Lockright, good little whoops...

perry pak road to jackson creek, up the hill the drop down thru the cinder block homes that look like old insane asylums.
cross the creek cause the bridge is gated.
nice woopdies to test you flex :D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Yeah that's Hidden Valley. I like the pop cans on the fenceposts at the one guy's house :rolleyes:. A couple years ago somebody took a backhoe to the road and made that trench on the one side; it was actually pretty dangerous until it washed out and leveled out a bit. Fun little piece without too much driving.

subzali said:
Yeah that's Hidden Valley. I like the pop cans on the fenceposts at the one guy's house :rolleyes:. A couple years ago somebody took a backhoe to the road and made that trench on the one side; it was actually pretty dangerous until it washed out and leveled out a bit. Fun little piece without too much driving.

thats it.

does that house remind you of the movie "wrong turn"? :eek:
all the cars in the ravine..::D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
:doh: :doh: