• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

You got a bandz to spend on an overland item what do you buy?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I have used it multiple times to change tires on the trail and it is safer, faster and easier to use.
I have also been trained not to use a hi-lift to change tires, so I guess we'll have a topic for fireside conversation at the Swell. :cool:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I have also been trained not to use a hi-lift to change tires, so I guess we'll have a topic for fireside conversation at the Swell. :cool:
agreed, I used the bottle jack as the Hi Lift was very swayey (not a word) and made me uncomfortable. I now use the ARB Jack and as many know, I do tend to go through tires :) Maybe I still use the bottle jack sometimes depending on the situation, but also use the ARB depending on the situation. Not as safe as the Bottle jack, but more stable to the vehicle in my opinion than the Hi-lift

Looking forward to those discussions

So back to the discussion topic. How about a Dual Zone Fridge

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Another option might be a PullPal. I dont see, or hear of many people owning them. They kinda one of those 'I'd love to own one but dont have the funds for that kind of item'...Making it a great gift/raffle item.
@RayRay27 I just texted you details on the Pull Pal deal. https://www.pullpal.com/pull-pal.html
As a bonus I just had a delightful call getting to know Jan Gremillon.

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
I want some stock height dobinson progressive springs. Tired of a saggy rig. I can't even get my foot between the tire and arch to access my roof rack.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
What I've gathered from this conversation is that "a bandz" doesn't quite cover the cost of any single piece of "overlanding" gear. 🤑
Pays for 2 - 3 pull pals ;-)

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
overland stuff...... a hot shower kit thing would be cool

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Fridge is always good but maybe everyone has one now already.

Gift card to a large supplier/sponsor like Slee/Equipt/Cruiser Outfitters would mean the winner could get what they don’t have.

270° awning would be about a Bandz

quality solar set up, charge controller and folding panel.

Set of Baja Designs LP series lights. Maybe they cut a deal to CM as a prize on 9’s

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
How about a camp site setup; Frontrunner chairs, table, nice stove, propane firepit. Shower setup and maybe a Pett Toilet

rover67

Rising Sun Member
ARB Twin Compressor Kit:

CKMTA12KIT_v1_538x303.png

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I like the high end lights and pul-pal ideas best, something to behold and something we could all use or know someone needs.

The just for me answer would be Low and Lower T-case gears from cruiser outfitters for the 100 series... but probably not as universally desired :)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
overland stuff...... a hot shower kit thing would be cool

Similarly the Geyser shower. Made in Montrose. I have one. about $350

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Set of Baja Designs LP series lights. Maybe they cut a deal to CM as a prize on 9’s
Happy to reach my contacts at Baja Designs. I'm sure they will discount or donate.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Partner Steel stoves are also a solid item. You could get 2 with a Bandz.