You got a bandz to spend on an overland item what do you buy?

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I asked this question on our Cruise Moab IG account and wanted to get some feed back from the rising sun peeps. If you had a $1000 to spend on a piece of overland or recovery gear what would you get?

Every year the CM committee will purchase an item to give away during our Friday night dinner and raffle. Let us know what would be your choice. Who knows it may end up being yours this year.

Bandz - A band means a thousand dollars or a lot of money in thousands.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I think 1K towards a bumper (front or rear, winners choice) would be super awesome! maybe get a vendor who sells bumpers to throw in an extra good prize in return for us purchasing a 1K gift card from them?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'd probably be most excited about $1000 towards a high-quality, hard shell rooftop tent.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I agree with @NotyourmomsWife and @Hulk and would add that $1000 towards a winch would be equally as awesome.

Other ideas are $1000 towards a Wilco or RIGd tire carrier, and some really nice lights like ARB or Baja Designs.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
- A Safe-xtract Recovery Kit

- Arcteryx gift card for the Boulder Store

- A tire store gift card towards a new set of M/T's

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'd probably be most excited about $1000 towards a high-quality, hard shell rooftop tent.
ohhh i like that idea too!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
+1 on tires. It's the only thing everyone can agree on.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Burt88

Trail Ready
Gas card. That's what everybody needs

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Another option might be a PullPal. I dont see, or hear of many people owning them. They kinda one of those 'I'd love to own one but dont have the funds for that kind of item'...Making it a great gift/raffle item.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Badlands winch and a winch plate is what I would get if I had 1k.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
It has its place but to call a one-trick-$800-pony an "upgrade" over the multi-function hi-lift is questionable.
Badlands winch and a winch plate is what I would get if I had 1k.
So its cash? I vote cash too.
Gift card to Spirit of 1876 in Castle Rock. They sell many roof top tent options, awnings, overland gear, etc.

Link to Spirit of 1876
If its a gift card it should be something like RS pays $1000 and the card is worth $1400. Otherwise we are paying profit to a shop from a fundraiser.

I hope whatever the club buys is at wholesale or a discount.

Another option might be a PullPal. I dont see, or hear of many people owning them. They kinda one of those 'I'd love to own one but dont have the funds for that kind of item'...Making it a great gift/raffle item.
I can reach out to the makers of the Pull Pal if that's under consideration. They are cool and fit every vehicle. Made in Carbondale, CO

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
It has its place but to call a one-trick-$800-pony an "upgrade" over the multi-function hi-lift is questionable.
I have used it multiple times to change tires on the trail and it is safer, faster and easier to use.

I understand the highlift can also be used to winch, pull clamp and spread. I have never used one in that capacity due to other tools like my vehicle winch

For what I have used a Hi-Lift for, it is a HUGE upgrade.

I see your perspective due to the multiple other uses, just a lot of people never use it for that. I know you do :)

I don't care that it isn't a Raffle prize consideration, just defending my view on upgrade. Your Mileage May Vary

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Bump!