• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Yankee Hill Run this Sunday 11/23

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Yankee Hill Run
Meeting Place: Cemetery behind Central City. There is a large parking area about a half mile west, out of Central City.
Data: Sunday 11/23
Time: Meet around 8:30 - air down and leave at 9:00am

Let's get an early start and head back late afternoon. I'm not anticipating much snow so we should be able to get over Yankee Hill, drop down to Fall River road and head up Kingston Peak if we have time. Plenty of options.

I usually take the Central City highway from I-70 into Central City. Then left at the stop sign and west to the parking area, about a half mile out of town.

Yankee Hill

Is this a done deal? I have an '07 FJC, FabFours front bumper w/warn 9.5Ti, MetalTech rear bumper, O.M.E. lift, 285 MTR's, A-Trac and locker hacks, All-Pro T/C and rear diff covers. Will this be adequate? I've never done Yankee Hill before.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I was hoping you would make this happen Steve. Glad your in.

Cruzrman, you are more than equipped for this. Hard points for strapping and driver skill are the most important things since these trails are easy but can be tricky when snowy and icy.

I have no idea how much snow and ice we will hit. It's one of things you have to just go for and see what you get.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i hope to make it, but not in the 40 :(

rover67

Rising Sun Member
have fun guys. the 60 is sleeping in the driveway while i rewire her brain.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Wish you could make it Marco.

My MTR's have 30k on them, so I plan to be disappointed in the traction dept. New tires will be going on soon.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
you guy's will have fun :) Hate to pass up an opportunity to wheel with ya Scott, Ige and Spanky (you will make it right?? :) )

I realized I had some serious stuff wrong with my engine harness that ought to make a pretty big difference once I get it squared away. I'll be excited to go out once it's going again.. plus I can't wait to try the new york compressor out.. which is the predessessor to the ARB's i've been dreaming of. We'll go out when the snow's nice and fluffy to really test out those 30k mile MTR's! My MT's are starting to show pretty decent wear at 20k so I feel ya.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
I'm home safely. Thanks folks!

Good times! I really enjoyed that trip. Just the right amount of snow. (OK, maybe not quite enough snow, but it was enough for a fun Sunday drive.)

I ditched Ige at i-76. She said she would post up when she made it home.
Hope she made it safely!

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
What a great trip!! Lots of variety, even had a chance to do some winch recovery... Had a GREAT time Thanks so much for everything Scott, Steve & Ige!!! Look forward to the next outing with you all!! Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!! :) :)

Thanks for the invite for yesterday's run, however my wife was having a little trouble with her diabetes. Hopefully, I can make the next one. Sounds like a good time was had by all.