• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

WTB: FJ60/minitruck front axle

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I need knuckles/steering arms, hubs, birfs etc. from an FJ60 or minitruck. Anybody have an axle they're looking to get rid of?

OR - has anybody been to a pick and pull lately and know how much it would cost me to yank this stuff off a truck?

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Matt, there are 2 60 series at the junk yard I went to today. Neither of them still have the hubs, but everything else is still there. One of them even has the engine removed so getting everything out should be real easy. I have the phone number on my receipt and will call them to see what they will charge to get the parts.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
what color were they? did they have non rusted front fenders? :)

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
The one w/o the engine is the same color as the 60 in your avatar. The other is blue. I don't recall the condition of the front fenders. I could probably check, take pictures on my way home from work tomorrow.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
If, and only if it's not out of your way.... I'd really appreciate it. I am looking for a right front.

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
If anyone goes to the yard and has an extra couple of minutes, I could sure use the pedal bucket.....

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the pics Ricardo!!

I think i may cruise over there... Matt, we can take my torch and cut out the front axle from one of those trucks pretty easily...... lemme know

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Marco - we have a driver side front fender in real good shape you can have if you need it.
If, and only if it's not out of your way.... I'd really appreciate it. I am looking for a right front.

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Matt, the yard gets $125 and up for an axle. They wouldn't really talk pricing on individual pieces pulled from an axle as they prefer to deal with them on a part by part basis. I understand your concern about getting up to the front after pulling all the parts and getting sticker shock - but these guys seem to be reasonable and worst case you can just walk away and leave the stuff on the counter.

Neither of the two trucks is fully complete on the front end - both are missing the locking hubs. If you decide to go this route, I'm up for giving you a hand pulling off what you want/need. Provided we don't run into too much trouble, it shouldn't take more than a couple of few hours to pull off the steering components and everything from the knuckles on out. Shoot, I'd likely grab a spare birf or two for my rig from what you don't take.

Max (bunch of ifs..) but if you get me a better idea of what the pedal box is and if Subzali decides to go out and pull parts and if I the pedal box is there and if I can pull it then sure - I'd be glad to get it to you.

Marco, no problem on the pictures. Actually, come to think of it Matt would probably want to see them as well. I'll pm him with the details on how to get to them.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I was going to go by there today since I wanted to pull the 3rds and maybe the birfs (maybe we can share Ricardo ;) ) from the 62 but I have since reconsidered... I think it's gonna be nasty down there in the mud. Maybe monday or tuesday? I'd be willing to take my torch down there to get one of the front ends for Matt M.... cutting the u-bolts would make quick work of getting it out of there. Looks like (from the picks) the 60 has a pretty complete front axle (noticed the 62 was missing the steering box already).

Max, you are looking for the pedal box/assembly? out of which truck? I have no idea how hard they are to pull out but I'd be willing to give it a whirl for ya. I'm looking for a right front fender...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'd rather try and find a front axle that includes the Aisin hubs - I know I can source those separately, but...

Tuesday would work best for me probably if we're going to go down there. I still am in the market for a steering box...FJ60 preferred over FJ62 I think at this point...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You really should check with Jim Wales. He is very reasonable and I do believe he will sell you just what you need.

Just plugging for the guy, he has been infinitely helpful to me.

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Hey Marco - thanks very much for the offer, but I just found another pedal box and don't need one any longer!
Max
I was going to go by there today since I wanted to pull the 3rds and maybe the birfs (maybe we can share Ricardo ;) ) from the 62 but I have since reconsidered... I think it's gonna be nasty down there in the mud. Maybe monday or tuesday? I'd be willing to take my torch down there to get one of the front ends for Matt M.... cutting the u-bolts would make quick work of getting it out of there. Looks like (from the picks) the 60 has a pretty complete front axle (noticed the 62 was missing the steering box already).

Max, you are looking for the pedal box/assembly? out of which truck? I have no idea how hard they are to pull out but I'd be willing to give it a whirl for ya. I'm looking for a right front fender...

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
You really should check with Jim Wales. He is very reasonable and I do believe he will sell you just what you need.

Just plugging for the guy, he has been infinitely helpful to me.

x2 on the reasonable. i got the tranny and transfer for clampy for $250!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
WOW! Transfer cases used to go for $125-150 by themselves!