WTB 4 speed manual transmission.

Looking for a 4 speed manual transmission for my cruiser. H41 or H42. preferably mated to a split case transfer. Also looking for all other parts needed for a swap int my FJ62, including pedal buckets, FJ60 driveshafts, etc.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Looking for a 4 speed manual transmission for my cruiser. H41 or H42. preferably mated to a split case transfer. Also looking for all other parts needed for a swap int my FJ62, including pedal buckets, FJ60 driveshafts, etc.

If you're going to go through the trouble, I would highly recommend the Toyota H55 5 speed transmission.

The onlt trouble there is the H55 would cost me several grand for the actual transmission, I am hoping to get a 4speed for a few hundred. This way when I can affrd the H55 I will be able to drop it in practically(minus the new rear DS) This way I can also rid myself of this horrid A440 auto tranny ,. . . ugh

wesintl

RS Moderator
Didn't you guys just part out a 60?

Buy another and part it out then you'll have everything and make some $ :D

Shouldn't be that hard to find just the parts though with the way 60's get parted now adays

We don't have the garage space or motivation for another strip job . . . lol I think I might have all the parts lined up now, we still have a bunch of parts left from that last one too so hopefully most of what I need is there!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
If that trans/tc you picked up ends up not working for your 62 (non split tc, parking brake, etc), let me know, as I can us it in my 40. Good wheeling with you guys on the 40's run. :thumb:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I have a 4 speed from a 78 pig just sittin in my garage Martin...

wesintl

RS Moderator
colorado auto parts still has the orange and white 55, not much left tho

They have a fj62, fully stripped, engine, tranny,xfer gone. Fine spline 4.11 still there tho

They have a blue 85 (i think) fj60. Everything is there but the carb, dizzy, sidecover.

So if you need a few small parts that 60 might help you out.