Wanted Wiper motor Top of windshield frame style

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
I haven't done a full diagnostic on mine, but just want to get some feelers out there on a replacement. For a '71 FJ40

Thanks

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Kurt, I have an extra I bought. No idea if it works. It does need to be rebuilt to at least swap the grease. I bought it because I saw they were hard to come by. I wasn't looking to sell it, but if your in a pinch I would be happy to help.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Ken, I'll keep that in my back pocket if mine is deemed un-buildable. Still real early in the game so thought I would put the feelers out in case.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
I think I bought 3 sets off eBay no less for the 1970 it was spendy like 500 or so….
so I think I have the majority of at least two left
I will look and you can do what I did probs…
Build a good one out of the requisite lefts

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like the early 70s linked/top are nearly as unobtainium as the separate ones on my ‘67!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Sounds like the early 70s linked/top are nearly as unobtainium as the separate ones on my ‘67!
Yeah, I've been looking for awhile too. I just need the linkage that connects the motor to the other assembly, but even junky units command big $ it seems.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I haven't done a full diagnostic on mine, but just want to get some feelers out there on a replacement. For a '71 FJ40

Thanks
Kurt, Did you find one? Since I sold my 40 I don't need this anymore. I paid $50 as I didn't want to be in a lurch if I needed one. It hasn't been rebuilt or tested.

How about $25?

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Ken,

I have not found one. I would absolutely take you up on this! Maybe we could meet up this coming weekend, or sometime soon.

Thanks for the generous offer!

unimogguy

Rock Stacker
There’s a guy in MUD that is rebuilding them. I don’t know if that helps you?